DOCTORS APPOINTMENT SUPRISE TODAY!
Well kids, today is day #6 sober. I know just a baby sober step but I am clean!!  Anyways, I have a doctors appointment today with my doctor who has known me for 7 years.  I remember a few months back crying in his office because I told him I was addicted and could not stop by myself.  I also was severly depressed.  He told me to deal with the depression first and then we would decide where I would go to detox.  Well SUPRISE!!!! i detoxed myself!!  He knows not to write any more  rx but I had a lot left from the last RX he wrote.  Of course that is thrown down the toilet.  It is gonna feel good to tell him this and that I have an after care program all set up starting Sep 21st.  I tjought that after flushing my meds I would want to stick my head in the toilet to find them or hope to get high from the toilet water.  I know gross!  But hey addicts well do crazy stuff!!!!  Still having bone pain at night but hot baths do the trick.  I took my dog out for a walk and he and I had smiles on our faces.  I could actually enjoy the things around me and was not thinking about my next dose or my next rx.  Talk to u all later!
Congratulations!!.. That's awesome.. each day gets better and better..  That's great to hear that you're fighting your demons.. keep at it..  You will succeed!
Congrats and good luck at the Dr.'s! I have known mine for a long time as well and she was with me through my almost fatal accident. She was very supportive in my decision when I told her I went CT and gave me great advice to get me through all of this. I also saw her once a week so she could see my progress. Yes she is a general physician and SHE CARES! I am 32 days clean today and when I have a down day I come on here to know I am not alone in this! Keep up the great work!!!
Great post,

Very happy for you and your smiling dog :)  

You are doing amazing.......keep keeping!!!!!!

bob
I haven't seen my doctor since I quit trams but am due soon...I know he will be happy for me...he saw me through my vicodin addiction and has always taken good care of me..I've been seeing him for about 12 years..we're on a first name basis, though I have trouble calling him anything but "Doctor"

Jim
chronic mistake: Rock on with your big bad self. Seriously. Keep at it. Be fierce and whatever you do stay outta the toilet :) ~hugs~ Lindsay
Reading your post really inspires hope it looks like your doing all the right things. Don't knock six days congrats big time. Keep it up
becca