Addiction: Social Community
Do any of you Believe in Praying for eash other?

This community is where you can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for substance abuse and addiction, please visit our Substance Abuse Addiction Community.

It seems to me alot of people Forget about GOD when it comes to recovery! We talk to each other about how we went cold turkey . Went to detox. Taking Sub ,But never think to Thank GOD for giving us the will do get rid of satan's evil grasp on us. Some of you might just want to try Praying to GOD and ask for his strength to help you get through what all of us have had  to do to stay clean. I Pray that you will ask Jesus his son for GOD OUR FATHERS HEALING POWER! On your journey to becoming clean.
MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALLI N JESUS NAME A-MEN!!!
I do not agree with you Beachcomber------   It is the opposite and most of the folks on here recognize their dependence on God to help then through the tough time ----  For most this experience is the worst time in their lives and seem to inherently know to ask for help from God.   Many are just private about it not wishing to wear their faith on their sleeve.   Many of us pray for the others who are going through tough times of addiction and dependence.  All the best beachcomber.  
Beachcomber:
I understand what you are saying, but remember some people are very personal about their own relationship with God.  And, there may be people who don't believe in a God.    I'm not sayng that doesn't mean you can't tell someone you are praying for them and that they are in your thoughts.  I pray to God everyday for the strength to make it through each day, but I don't feel like I have to share that with everyone.  As for you, if that's how you choose to do things, that's fine!  I respect that and I admire that you are willing to share your feelings with everyone.  Just because others don't feel the need doesn't mean you have to stop!!!  Be who you are!  I admire you for that!

Have a wonderful day!
I agree with ochooked on this...I know for a fact that most everyone on here believe that God is why they were finally able to get clean. I pray every single night for everyone on this forum. I also thank God everynight For getting me through this. As you know conversations about religion cause alot of conflict so many people choose not to put their religious beliefs into posts they keep it private. I hope you have a great day.
I personally have and do pray all the time...during my initial recovery period etc... I pray for all my friends on here in addition to my friends/family at home. I don't publicly announce it all the time because some people shy away from you or it does cause so much controversy. I am not ashamed to be a Christian and I know to some it could be considered that way....however this is a Medical Based forum. I have friends on here that I discuss my religous thoughts, feelings and beliefs with here but I do it privately.

That's just my 2 cents! :)

Hope everyone has a great day!!!
Actually I have to look toward the lord for support during any trying times. I don't do it as much as I should be especially in times like this and I think that the lord lifts our spirits and and also get soooooo much support from this board it's incredible!
Hi !  I'am jsut upset because I never hear anybody suggesting to turn to GOD for help  When he is the only Way to really find it. Through JESUS all things can be done. We seem to so easily forget who loves us the most and died for us all. Man has some answers, But GOD has them all!! Good Luck to you and MAY GOD BLESS YOU IN JESUS NAME A-MEN!!!
I have been in many circumstances that were immediate life or death....no atheists in foxholes is dead on...God helps those that help themselves. Many people here believe and pray daily....you have no monopoly on that one.....but many do not. Those that do just do their thing without much fanfare or prosletyzing --------- and from this forum we draw mutual support......................and from God we draw strength ..... Best of the new day and the coming weekend to you and yours ---  God is good ---- Walk with God - but let Him walk point!!!
Some that dont believe have gotten clean just fine. Its fine to believe in what you believe but people dont want it pushed on them. Its almost like telling them you cant get clean unless you believe and thats a crock
I do believe yes I do pray for lots of people here at medhelp
praying to god can be very productive, and i beleive many ppl dealing with abuse, chonic illnes and everyday problems pray in their own way
There are many prayers going out here daily on both of the forums:)
I do pray for people off and on if I can. Sometimes I think by "praying" doesn't necessarly have to be in words.  I guess that's what my grandma has been trying to tell me. I always thought you had to speak it out either aloud or in your head.

Grandma says, just thinking about the person can be enough.  Ifind also when I am anxious it helps to pray.  I tend to get a lot of it when I read people's stories and feel helpless. After all not having gone through drug or alcohol addiction, I don't know what it is like. I only know from what people have shared and can use their stories help me relate. I can offer my support from what support I've found useful from other people to other people, but I can't say it is from my own personal experience.

The best I can do is let them know I am praying for them and that I care. If anything for the nonbelievers, I think it's the fact that you care that means more than anything else.  At least it helps the person feel a little bit less alone, even though a lot of personal struggles, are well, okay all personal struggles are personal... They can only be dealt with inside the person.

I hope this helps somewhat.
I couldn't make it without my Father & Savior. I always include all the suffering addicts in my prayers & hope that others do the same for me.