Dr. Shopping
Please help!  I am from Illinois and over the past year I have seen 10 different doctors for back and knee pain mainly due to the fact that i have not found a regular doctor I like and it is very frustrating.  To make it easier on me I go to urgent cares whenever I am not feeling good and they always prescribe me vicodin for the temporarily pain relief.  It is fast, convenient and easy. I am learing the consequences now.   I am not an addict and truly take the medicine for pain.  I recently made a dentist appointment and my dr. informed me that a letter went out and he asked me if I was okay and if I need help. I was very taken back by this.  As I look back at my records I didn't realize over time how much the doctors and prescriptions can add up and can see where this would be considered a red flag.  I am reading horror stories of being arrested and charged with dr. shopping and I am scared to death right now.  Can someone please calm my nerves and tell me that I am overreacting?   I plan to find one doctor and stick with him/her as I learned my lesson.  Is this letter just a warning?   I truly was not Dr. shopping.  
You said you go to Urgent Care as it is easier on you...what do you mean by that?  Are you getting vicodin from all the doctors?
What is it that you are not liking about these doctors you've seen?  Are they saying something or doing something that offends you?  

I understand trying to find a doctor that you like, but a health problem is a health problem and sucking down prescription pain pills doesn't solve anything.  Of course it would look like a red flag if you've seen numerous doctors and they've all prescribed vics.....