Addiction: Social Community
Feeling SO irritable right now!

This community is where you can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for substance abuse and addiction, please visit our Substance Abuse Addiction Community.

Feeling SO irritable right now!

My irritation level is horrible right now.  Everything everyone around me is saying and doing is just making me crazy.  I'm taking deep breaths and just kind of stepping away because I don't want to take it out on the kids (I've already done that enough times to last a lifetime).  Granted, they are doing things and being typical toddlers/children and I am having to discipline them, I'm just trying to do it cooly without blowing up.  But still, everything is just driving me crazy.  I know that it has to do with w/d and my brain getting back to normal, but I really hope THIS isn't the "real Jen".  Yikes.

All I want to do right now is be alone and hang out with you guys.... you never irritate me...lol

See, just now as I'm sitting at one end of the couch my husband stretched his leg out and accidentally kicked me.  No big deal.  But I just shot him a look of death and wanted to rip his head off.  I feel like such a b*^ch right now!
Its ok and you are handling it very well.   You are fighting a huge fight right now so it is normal to feel irritable.  Most of us feel that way.   Thank goodness for this forum.   It will all even itself out hun, at least for most people and I can tell you are a kind and caring individual.  You will have the emotional rollercoaster for awhile.  Just ride it, baby!   I live alone for now, have my teenaged boy on weekends so i don't have as much irritation with people.  But at work, its a different story.  I teach and i am FINE with my students, its the adults that irritate me sometime.
You are doing fine and will rediscover your true nature when you are clean and sober because I know you are doing some inner work to help you get there.  Therapy, NA, whatever helps you get to "You" is the second part of recovery.

Its ok, you are fine.
tzt
I totally feel your pain
girl-- i know what you mean, even doing this taper , my nerves are on edge..i snap really quick and feel so bad for it..my 7 yr old is ADHD...And it drives me crazy but it wasn't as bad when i was taking more pills...The docs wanted to put her on medicine, but i refused because she is so little and i sure don't want her to be addicted to something like adderall (adderrall)..I know so many people the age of my oldest daughter and they can not funciton without it but i think they take it for the buzz myself..Anyway so i just deal with it and she climbs the walls..She is so hyper that to sit in church quitley takes all she has..it is really bad..i try not to give her much sugar or anything red, but really nothing helps...she can't even sit to watch a movie..Sorry i got off topic
But anyway like you i come to this forum and always feel better after i read..But when my husband is home , he hates me on this thing...And sometimes i think he thinks i have a boyfriend or something...LOL if he only knew..
Love you guys so much
R2R
Ugh... it is crazy.  I love them more than anything but come on - how many times can I get jumped on, kicked and hit while they wrestle each other, listen to screaming, running back and forth, in and out, telling on each other, etc.  Arrrrrrrrrrg.  Lock me up in the looney bin... lol.  Uh oh - here comes my son yelling something about what his sister did.  Fabulous.
You guys sound like me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I don't feel sooooo alone anymore. I have 3 kids 8,5 &3 and beating this addiction is hard. I'd rather have natural labor all over again.

I think it's hard to raise kids PERIOD...forget throwing WDs in with it! I remember when my kids were younger and they would fight or just drive me crazy, boy would I yell and yell and yell some more. I used to get upset and think that I was a horrible parent when in reality if you ask my kids how their life was growing up, they will both tell you they had great childhoods... I don't think the everyday stuff really affects them unless it's to an extreme. So ladies relax and remember that you are going through something that when done will make you the best mothers! And believe me when I say that a couple of weeks of Mom being b****y dosen't affect them in the least bit. I am proud of all of you---you are doing a great job and putting your children's well being ahead of your own and in my book that makes you all A OK!!
Hang in there sweetie