Good books
Does anyone have any book recommendations to read during my recovery?  I have never read any books related to addiction, but I think it might help.  I need some motivation to do this and maybe some inspiration.   I have just started tapering and I am already struggling(mostly mentally).
I would like to know this too! Especially since the insomnia finally hit me, in the fifth week here.

I am an avid reader. During detox I read four memoirs from recovering addicts. They were good, but not what I would suggest at the beginning. These people all came from families with money, and took multiple trips to rehab. One took eleven. So, it was not comforting to read, trying to get newly clean, not having the money for rehab myself, and seeing these people have to take multiple trips to get clean.

The one thing I did come away with was I don't think they truly wanted clean at first. But I didn't realize that at the time of reading, it was only after a couple weeks clean myself I thought about them and re thought what their failures were.

I think at the beginning we need something more inspirational. I hope others chime in with some suggestions.

I went back to James Patterson and Kathy Reichs books!
Congrats on your decision to get clean!
This one was recommended by someone on the board

End Your Addiction Now: The Proven Nutritional Supplement Program That Can Set You Free
Charles Gant MD (Author), Greg Lewis PhD (Author)
watership down by Richard Adams
You should read the AA book and the NA book.  i know your addiction is not your d.o.c. but all you have to do with the AA book is replace alcohol with whatever you are addicted to.  They are really good books that are very positive.  
"Staying Sober - A guide to relapse prevention"
Terence T. Gorski and Marlene Miller

"Uppers, Downers, All Arounders"
Darryl S. Inaba
I read Watershipdown in Highschool and it is a GREAT book!!!! Ima have to get it and read it again. I remember everybody else was reading The Hobbit and I didn't seem to have the patience for it but Oh wow.... Watershipdown was really wonderful. I
So glad to be reminded of it ...ima go to library today!!!!
yw foggmusher
If those rabbits can persevere and go to any length to improve their lives and the lives of their "people" then we can certainly do the same  lol
'