Aa
A
A
Close
492016_tn?1209362253
How addictive is xanax?
My doctor perscribed me xanax for when I have trouble with anxiety to help me sleep. I am also takin paxil right now but I just started it yesturday. I was just wondering how addictive xanax are because I heard the withdrawals are very bad. I am only perscribed 20pills at .5mg each with no refills. Should I try other methods to try to sleep or is this not enough to get hooked.
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
453714_tn?1212002970
xanax are very addictive and dangerous. you can not quit cold turkey because there are risks of seizures when you do this. you must taper with doctor supervision. i recomend asking for a safer alternative. im not sure if 20 is enough to get hooked but i wouldnt really be willing to find out ya know? i recomend going to the addiction: substance abuse forum.  in the paragraph under the heading addiction:social community there is a link at the end of the paragraph in blue it says substance abuse addiction community, click that and post the question on that side
Comment
Cancel
453714_tn?1212002970
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
492016_tn?1209362253
Thanks, I dont want to risk getting hooked and then having to go through withdrawals. The reason all of this started is I quit smokin cigarettes after 10years and I am thrilled but I also gained anxiety.
Comment
Cancel
492016_tn?1209362253
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
463575_tn?1211306288
xanax is very, very addictive, and very very difficult to discontinue once you are addicted.  you become physically dependent on it very fast, and will have a seizure if you try to go cold turkey.

there are natural sleep cures that work just as well if not better. go to a health food store and get a sleep remedy with ingredients such as GABA, passion fruit, valerian root, etc...

trust me...you don't want to go down the xanax route. it should be a last resort, and maybe not even then.
Comment
Cancel
463575_tn?1211306288
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
ditto to all the above..i currently take xanax and have been in the e.r. because of it..
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
492016_tn?1209362253
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
How addictive is xanax?
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Addiction: Social Community Resources