Intervention...Laney
To all that watch intervention. I was wondering about Laney (Alchoholic) because her story really stuck with me. I went on the Intervention chat board and read the posts from her sister and the Christian family that has "adopted" her as part of there family. She is in Florida and supposedly off booze. The thread was interesing because her sister, old boyfriend and cousin contributed to it. I also read the thread about Coley (meth addict) and his wife posts a lot. It took my mind off of me yesterday when I was going through my cravings. I found the posts really interesting and thought maybe some of you would also.

I hope you all are having a peaceful day!!!

God Bless,
Tim
I did not know that Intervention had a chat room.  Thanks for letting me know!  I love that show and I am going to check out the site right now.  

luv u,

me
Is laney the one who emotionally abuses her kids and the dad is very "flexible" with that?  What do they say?   If this is her, why hasnt child protective services stepped in???

If its who I think it is, she was laying in the front yard.

Hi there darlin,

This was the lady that took her "Puddycat" in the limo to rehab. Her liver was only functioning at 20% and she didn't have long to live. She really got to me for some reason. I know the other woman you are referring to and she was really hard to take. The Interventionist was even crying for her children. Laney is childless and doing well now in Florida. The forum is interesting to read and deals with the issues of drug addiction. It is worth going on the site and checking it out for information. I like to know what happened to the addicts and their families also post.

I hope all is well with you. I have some blood work to get done today, grrrrrr. It is something I have put off for too long.

Love to ya,
Tim
Was she the one who appeared to have a boatload of money, and more psychological problems than addiction issues?

One of the problems I have watching Intervention, is they almost make it appear that the agony of withdrawal doesn't exist. One minute they're on a plane, and the next it's 3 months later and they've either relapsed or just loving their new lives.
Yes, that is Laney. It was so interesting reading posts from her family and others. I really like that show and watch it on "On Demand" too. We all know too well how the agony exists. It would be interesting to see that and I think it would really help addicts.