Addiction: Social Community
Is Flexeril an addictive drug?

This community is where you can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for substance abuse and addiction, please visit our Substance Abuse Addiction Community.

Is Flexeril an addictive drug?

Is Flexeril a addictive drug?  I just got off of percocet and I don't want to get dependent on something else that may be addictive.
Morning hun,

I cannot classify it as addicting, but you could certainly become dependent on it. Are you taking it for muscle spasms ?
It is kind of like soma's...My opinion is you can get very dependent on them...SO be very carefull
r2r  what mgs, i think they only come in 5 and 10
Good morning

I hate this back to forum button on the bottom of the screen.  THis is the 3rd time I have typed a response.  I keep hitting the wrong button.  Oh well.

It was prescribed to me by my doctor when I was complaining of muscle aches and pains in the mornings.  He prescribed 1 at bedtime.  I stopped taking it when I was getting off of the percocets, because I thought the aches and pains were probably from the wds.  Last night I couldn't sleep-aches, pains, restless legs, ect-so I took one.  Slept like a baby.  Woke up feeling rested.  I just don't want to replace the perc for this.

r2r-I don't know anything about a soma either.  It is a 5mg dose.

THanks guys
I have been taking flexeril for about a year and a half. On and off a couple times. I never had any w/d from it.  I have been told by the pharmacist that it does have a sedative in it, that's why it makes you a bit drowsy. I'm supposed to take them 3x's a day, yeah right if I want to sleep on the job. Anywho, you should be ok to take it long term with no problems, but remember every body's different. -zoe
If you are only taking one a night, as prescribed, and only once in a while, I would not worry. They are like Soma...same effect is what I mean. I have a prescription for Soma, but I rarely take them. They knock me on my rear-end and I don't like the feeling.

I am glad you talked about this and you were honest. Just be careful is all.
Sorry I was gone so long.  We actually lost our phone line for a while today.  Don't know why.

Thank you for your comments.  I really appreciate it.  I don't know how I would have gotten through all this with out the support you guys so willingly and freely give.  Thank you!  Thank you!

Frankie
I don't believe that flexeril are addictive. I have been on Soma's for 4 years, and they are very similiar. Soma is actually a little more potent. I am addicted to Vicodin and CAN NOT go a day without it, but soma's I don't worry about if I am out, and I can usually still sleep good. Maybe not as sound because the soma knocks me on my rear, BUT I have never had any sort of withdrawl (withdrawal) from it.

I am perscribed Flexiril and Nuerontin for Scoliosis caused by a severe physical trauma, I know that stopping the nuerontin cold turkey will cause severe withdrawl (withdrawal). I found this out a few weeks ago when I ran out and did not have the money to refill my script for three days. As far as the Flexiril I have found it to be extremely sedating for me. In concern I've tried to wean myself off but find that when I don't take a tablet before bed I will not be able to sleep. i am seeing my PCP in a few days to find some other alternative. I have no "withdrawl (withdrawal) symptoms" from the flexiril but know my body needs it more to sleep then for muscle spasms.