Addiction: Social Community
Is Rozerem "safe" for addicts

This community is where you can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for substance abuse and addiction, please visit our Substance Abuse Addiction Community.

Is Rozerem "safe" for addicts

I am trying, on my own, to taper off of hyrdros.  Some days I do well, other days I still use to much.  The pain in my back is intense.  Like so many in this wonderful forum have said, it is so difficult to quit muchless when you are in severe pain.  And I completely agree with Hopeless's post:  None of us asked to become an addict.  I like so many slowly slid down the slippery slope of proper usage to addiction over time.  If I could just go back and never take that first pill.  But enough with my rambling.  On to my question.

I told my doc I have been having trouble sleeping (have not confessed my issue to the doc as I have been fired by a previous doc for being honest years ago the first time I kicked this) and he prescribed Ambien.  Eh, not good for me.  In the past I would take a couple of Ambien and never sleep.  I don't remember if it got me high or not.  I don't remember anything while on it.

Needless to say I did not fill the Ambien script because of this AND, to be honest, because I have no insurance and even though it is available generic 30 pills still cost $118 at Kmart.

When I went to see the doc today I told him I could not fill the Ambien due to the price and he gave me 12 Rozerem pill samples.  He said that it is non-narcotic and not addictive.  Of course, that was the line on Ambien when it first came out as well, so I am suspicious.

Will it be ok for me to take the Rozerem or am I just asking to develop addiction to another drug?  Stopping the hydro is hard enough, and I do not need to complicate the issue.

Thanks.

Rozeram is the only prescription sleep aide available that is truly NON-narcotic, I will be honest with you when I quit the Hudro's Rozeram did nothing for me in the way of sleep. I hope it works for you, because it is safe to take and non addictive....
I think if they are not narcotic they should be ok. Keep on the taper schedule and don't give up.

Bless you,
Tim