Just Saw A Promo - Addiction on March 5, 2013 Katie Show
I was watching the news and a promo came on today for the "Katie" show, which here is on ABC.

They said words to the effect:

"On Katie today, addiction to pain killers. How a prescription for pain medication lead this woman to addiction."

May be interesting to tune in. Check your local listings to see what time Katie is on. On my local ABC affiliate it is on at 3:00 pm.
Thanks Jordon, Did you see that one it goes back into 2003???It was called the oxy express. About the dr in florida that people were flying from all over to get the meds from this dr???
Yes its all for the money. I just saw a video on how dr do not want to cure you but just give you pills to mask it.. They said the phama. owns the medical schools...
Bummer its bad out here...
vickie
Oops... I meant "led" not "lead." I always make THAT mistake. I guess in my mind I am thinking about lead the metal, that is pronounced the same as "led" the verb. (I know, this is far more information than you need to know, but I have a tendency to say what's on my mind.)

Update: Lots of teasers for today's Katie show. Just now said:

"If a pill could make you a better mom would you take it?"

On another promo:

"Coming up on Katie, confessions of a super mom."

Sounds like the show will be about addictions mothers fall into, to cope with being moms. I am tuning in because it will help me better understand addictions in general because most addictions start with legitimate prescriptions. (Anti-depressants, pain meds, etc.)
Here is Katie's website teaser:

"What would you do to become a “better” mom? On this episode, hear the shocking confessions of Super-Moms. These moms are willing to do whatever it takes to be happy, skinny and sexy with “Mommy’s Little Helper” — the drugs they swear by! Find out the horrifying truth as Katie speaks with a mother who almost lost her family after becoming addicted to Adderall. Then, Katie sits down exclusively with the mother who was featured in a controversial article, “Xanax Makes Me a Better Mom.” Plus, some advice from the experts."
Thanks for sharing, i just looked it up, i am going to watch it now in ten minutes...
Adderrall WOW that I must see I was doing that the last 3 yrs to make my methedone last. DUMB.. It is being used alot in the colleges because it gets them up & up (like crank) and they feel they can focus better. But if you have the adhd then it does what it was made for....
thnaks vickie
Yikes.......check out Dr. Oz today too. Scary stuff this is.
Why would anyone want to watch programs that talk war stories and active addiction? This just baffles me.
For me personally, it is further education and reinforces my staying clean.
I'm glad it helps you hun. I see people stoned eery day at meetings and it gives me terrible cravings....just like it does when I watch it on tv.
Ughhh, Just proves we are all different in this journey. As they say in the rooms, take what you need and leave the rest at the door. Peace