Just a Rant - Apologies in Advance!!
I feel so isolated! I went t the theatre, allegedly with my "friends" but com the end - hey all ran off to the pub without even telling me here they were going. Also - an ex-friend, one that I alienated during my drinking days - made a point of inviting the friend I had come with to her house today, right in front of me. I just feel kinda forgotten about. Also - my birthday is tomorrow & not one of them has remembered.

It's a stupid, insignificant rant. But - I feel like the harder I try, the less they care. I don't know what more I can do - am I expecting too much?? They expect me to stay sober, off drink & the pills. But, they don't give a damn about my feelings. They just forget I even exist. So - what's the point? Why am I doing this? It's not making my life better - and being sober, I just feel the hurt more.

Apologies - I should be thankful I don't have any real problems. I have one good friend (the one my ex-friend is openly trying to poach) and a loving family. Maybe I should just be content with that & cut my losses with the rest of them. I can't feel hurt if they're not in my life.
Littlelegs,

Rant all you want! My feelings would be hurt too. You feel what you feel and it is good to get it out. I do want to wish you a very Happy Birthday. Try to do something nice for yourself, something that you might never have done because you love yourself and you are doing the right thing. There is nothing selfish about celebrating YOU.

Remember that your emotions will be raw for a while. Things that may not have bothered you much before will be magnified. Believe me, I understand about that. Your friends probably are not quite sure how to relate to this new Littlelegs too. You are doing great! Don't forget that.

Big Birthday Hugs to you!

Minn
Thank you so much. I know that I have some great friends that just have other things going on in their lives - that's ok. But this lot last night just acted really thoughtlessly & it was kinda hurtful. Yeah, I know - everything doesn't just suddenly come up roses because I've quit eating pills. And I need to get used to dealing with my feelings and not numbing them. To be fair to my friends - I think it was just thoughtless, they didn't intend to hurt me. They don't know that I'm currently an emotional minefield that is likely to overreact to every little slight!

You're right - tomo I will go to the gym then prob browse some second-hand bookstores. I WILL have a good day!! Spending the evening with my family, whom I don't appreciate enough and can always count on.

And I know that I'm making great friends here - who get what I'm going through because they've been there themselves. :-)
   Hi I just wanted to wish you a HAPPY B-DAY!!!!!  Maybe your friends don't really understand what your going through and didn't mean to hurt your feelings????  It's hard for people to really understand addiction, that have never been through it..........plus your emotions are all over the place right now...stay strong and you will see each day will get better and better.......Teri  
Happy Birthday!  I hope you had a good day and did something nice for yourself.

Many times when we clean up we notice the behavior of others even more.  I am sure your friends didnt do this to you on purpose and if they know what you are going thru they didnt want to make you feel uncomfortable by going to a bar.  I remember mine doing the same thing and i had to remember that they could go to the bar as they didnt have a problem with alcohol or drugs.  I expected them to live like i had too.  This is also a time where you find out who your friends are and who arent.  It takes time to get comfortable in your own skin and when you do things will work out.  Be good to yourself today and everyday~~sara
Quit dwelling on those who turn their backs. They are not friends. A true friend  will have your back and will not be swayed by others. As time passes you will accumulate other friends and out of those a few will turn out to be true, so don't be dishearted, look ahead there is much more to life then a few ,"Fly-by-night-friends." Time to move on and forget them. Remember there is a whole world of people out there who are not two faced. Eventually you will find them or they will find you so don't be dismayed. Kick back and relax you have nothing but time.