Addiction: Social Community
Lack of sex drive from Methadone (opiates)

This community is where you can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for substance abuse and addiction, please visit our Substance Abuse Addiction Community.

Okay. After seeing the post on sex being good for w/d I had to ask this. Methadone has put my sex drive in an early grave. Not to brag, but I used to be very popular with the ladies until Methadone entered my life. I am embaressed to say this but it has been years since I have been laid and the sad thing is it doesnt really bother me. This is yet another reason I am quitting. All I can say is I feel sorry for the first woman who falls into my clutches after getting clean. She will probably have to beat me off with a stick : ) Is there anyone else out there whose sex drive has been killed by methadone? I would be curious to hear. Especially from the guys.
LMAO...sorry to laugh but "beat me off with a stick"...that is too funny!!!
Well dude, all opiates will cause this lack of sex drive.  We've all been there, and while I am no guy, I will say that your sex drive will come back strong and you will enjoy it so much more when it does!
Not methadone, but my sex drive went to the gutter due to opiates.  I could even get myself off, and that's bad.  But you will be happy to know it all comes back...............
I'm not a guy, and I'm not on Methadone,  but I have heard many many times that this is very common with Methadone.  The good news is .....it does come back.
hehehehehehe I meant to say I COULDN'T get myself......
P.S.    I am single, in Florida and I HAVE A STICK !    LOL
LMAO. Give me about six months and we'll talk. This is too funny.
Mary.....LMFAO!!!!!!
there is no such thing as sex (for men) who are on methadone...i am glad your getting your (sex life) life prioritized again...lol...good luck...
i meant to add...i am a women..methadone didnt effect me like that...nothing seems to for some reason...guess i'm lucky
What the heck, whats 6 more months after 4 years. LOLOLOL
it totally destroyed my sex drive.  my poor hubby was going crazy!!  but when i quit it was back with a vengeance, better than ever!!!  it seems all of my senses were on hyper mode.  i could smell the roses again, taste food again and sex was, like i said before, on hyper mode.

Lucy
Let's start a new forum and call it "Sex lives of recovering addicts"!!!
Or the lack thereof.
LMAO!
I know the feeling, when I was on a higher dose of methadone I to felt no desire for men or sex, nothing, I mean zero! I began to question what was wrong with me? Till I found out that this is just another wonderful side effect that methadone has on men & women. But it does come back, as its doing with me. Take Care Penelope
Yep. Mine was shot to hell until I got back down below 10 milligrams. Then it started coming back ((unzip)*Tap Tap*...is this thing on?!?!).

Of course, then it's a matter of what the hell do you do with it? If it's been long enough...well, you can send away for an instruction manual.

Of course, for some reason they kept sending mine in Japanese. I decided to try  and just use the diagrams as a guideline, but they're in metric which I'm not as familiar with so the whole thing ended up with embarrassing trip to the hospital. :)
I lost my sex drive and put on 20 pounds on the methodone.The only good thing about this withdrawl (withdrawal) is with how sick I still get when I try to eat I'll be back in my size 8 before summer gets here.
you kill me...rofl....!
Never took methadone but the hydros made me lose focus on everything fun in my life after a while...i do remember when my sex drive came back...it was sudden and full force...she better be ready whoever that lucky girl may be!  LOL
Opiates, synthetic or not = 'just say no to sex' :)
Get off of opiates and you can...well you know! Lmao
Im doing oxys for my back,,about 120 a day,,i have 20s and 40s,and norcos,,i dont eat the norcos cause they make me feel like ****,,however i eat the Oxys,,,,and not only do they rid of most of the pain, i feel great,,im 50ish,,i live with my girlfriend and kid,,been on these and before these vics for the last couple yrs,,we still go at it 3 to 8 times a month hard,,we both work long hrs,,once in awhile i cant get off,,but most of the time it feels great,and everything works great,,alls it takes is a little intiation and its on,,it does make my back sore for a couple days after though,,i had no idea it affected so many like this,,that sucks in the wrong way,,
I detoxed from methadone 12days ago.  Feel better than
I have I 5-6 years. My sex drive is still zero, and
not to be crude about it, but I'm ready to get back "out there"
now.  Does anyone know how to get it back, will I ever get
mine back?  

Can anyone help.
This is an old post..a new qustion may draw more atttn to ur post

methadone/like sub/is a long wd...u r still not really back on ur feet yet..much less back on ur 3rd foot/leg...LOL...not meaning to be crude but u have some healing to do...believe me it will come back and u will be sexual vibes u never thought possible...they were there but narcotics suppress our feelings/which includes sex drive...those feelings will return and bombard u like a hurricane!

I hope u have a mate when this returns..i did not...and i was really in a state of "need'  (:
I was on the roxy oxy bull junk for 3 1/2 years and didnt have a problem but when i moved to the methadone yes problem really fast. My girl thought eather i was cheating on her or didnt like her any more cause we havnt had sex in 3 years. Wow I cant beleave that but anyways. I've talked to lots of guy about this and what they tell me is stay clean take vitamins with zinc to build your testosterone levels back up and when able to start  excursive. I was told both of them would bring every thing right back to normal. Good luck it geets better day 10 of all pills and drugs.
ANY opiate WILL & DOES NUMB you.. sex and otherwise.. that's why getting and STAYING CLEAN is SOOOOO much FUN!!
i am a woman who recently began taking methadone and am very upset to realize it is killing my sex drive :( is there ANY way around this??? i have always been an extremely sexual person, and never experienced anything like this before. it is very disturbing. i want to stay clean and off heroin, and for that reason methadone has truly saved my life. but this COMPLETE lack of any sexual desire is very upsetting. anyone... please help! ? :( :(
i took pills for years vicodans and anything I could get my hands on  till I started taking 25-35 a day now on methodone and I cant even get it up
want to stop don't know how

my wife thinks its her !!

whats the best way to do this
Urmmm wouldn't you be afraid of all the splinters? I would pay to see someone beat you off with a stick though. Lol Ok, anyway, in all seriousness, methadone is famous for dulling sexual desire and can even prevent one from climaxing. It can put some serious strain on relationships when one or both people are in a methadone treatment program. You get the sexual desires/aches/etc back fairly quickly once you stop using opiates. I have noticed that when I'm in withdrawl (withdrawal) my sexual urges are already raring to go. And actually, orgasms are a wonderful little relief while withdrawing. Your body releases all kinds of pleasure chemicals making you feel better for a little bit at least. Good luck getting your bow chickah bow wow back! Lol
The clinics don't tell you about the side effects before they get you on a high dose and hook you. Methadone is harder and it takes longer to get off of. Unfortunately, from my experience, your sexdrive doesn't return until your off methadone.
I have tapered down on Methadone. My sex drive and performance feels like I am 18 again. Not sure how long this will last but I'm enjoying it for the time being. And, so is my wife!
The same thing has happened to me!!! I feel like I could live the rest of my life and never have Sex again and be ok!!!! This is bad cause I have a girlfriend of 8 years that don't take it and loves sex+!!!!!! This is crazy!!!!