Addiction: Social Community
Loritab detox

This community is where you can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for substance abuse and addiction, please visit our Substance Abuse Addiction Community.

Loritab detox

My youngest sister 40 yrs, says she is addicted to Loritab.
This is mind boggeling to me and i just can't believe it. I am trying hard to be supportive and tell her i don't  know what to do. She says she detox by herself and i sure she can. But she says she has only taken like 3 a day for a year, tapers off and go back. I have been trying to keep her mind and body busy, and have read all that everyone is saying and i believe it hard. But could it be more than an addiction if she has been trying now for a month and and it doesn't seem to change. Is Librium a detox aid, cause i have that if i knew a recipe like some one wrote above for something else. I am gonna try to get her to post a comment, because i may have some thing wrong. I am searching despeately for some answers cause the fact that this is my little sister blows my mind.
Thanks To anyone who can help. Sorry i am bad about rambling on.
By the way my little sister has a great husband that is supportive.  
Your sister is blessed to have you and her husband.  THAT is what will help her more than about anything.  

She may need to get into an addiction treatment program.  This is a hard step as I just took it today but it is mental just as much as it is a physical need.

Just be supportive for her, love her and tell her you will be there no matter what and believe me, it will go a long way in getting her through this.  My mom, my aunt, my grandma, and my husband (now...at first he just ignored me as he didn't know what to do...and he was scared and having to take care of our two little ones alone so also overwhelmed) have been here to help me and help with the kids and without them this would have been even harder than it is.

Your sister, along with you and her husband are in my thoughts and prayers.
There's some information on my profile page you may want to read. Just click on the blue GaGuy link to the left of this post. Also, google Suboxone and read up on it. It may be a choice for your sister.