Addiction: Social Community
Meth Clinic - Causes Death!

This community is where you can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for substance abuse and addiction, please visit our Substance Abuse Addiction Community.

Meth Clinic - Causes Death!

A young girl, went to a Methadone clinic the other day, and like her, 90% of the people who go there only go to get their fix. Not cause they actually want to get clean. That REALLY ticks me off! Anyway, she goes there and gets her weekly fix, then leaves. ON her way home, she has a hit and run accident. A grandmother who was walking her 3 year old grand daughter, they did this everyday for the past year, the same time everyday, whe babysat her everday, while the mother was working. The grandmother and grand daughter left their house everyday at 11:00 am. They would walk to the post office and check the mail. The girl who just left the Meth Clinic, was high, and ran them over. The grandmother and grand daughter were both killed instantly! They lived close to me, and i am just devistated over this whole thing.

The Meth Clinics, should NOT ever give drugs and send someone on their way. I hate these clinics, for that reason. They need to keep the people there over night, or find another routine for them. Even have Dr.'s come to their home and prescribe their meds to them would be better than how they have it set up now. You can go and get your fix and be sent on your marry way. Because of this, a granmother and grand daughter are dead. This young girl, who just needed to get high, i hopes she gets life in prison. She deserves it! The meth clinic, needs to be shut down...These people only go there anyway to get more drugs, not cause they want to get clean...ARRRGGGHHH i am so ticked off, this little girl who was killed was the cutest little thing ever, long blond hair with loose curls, big blue eyes. Only 3 years old, what a shame....Her mother, lost her mother and daughter on the same day, could you imagine?

Just wanted to share this story with you all...I am addicted to pain meds, but i do NOT believe in the Methodone Clinics! If the people would actually really go to get real help, and not just go to get drugs time and time again so they can have their fix, i might feel different! If they really wanted help, you think they would check into detox/rehab!

Hope
OMG!  Hope this is the saddest story!!!    I cant even imagine the woman who has to wake up each morning knowing her mom and daughter are gone.    
I think it should be obvious by now that methadone clinics are not an answer.  I didnt think it got them high????  I thought they were just given eough to not get sick.   This is just awful.\
A couple of years ago here in my town a grandma a little girl were hit my a drunk driver.  A witness saw the grandma push the little girl out of the way so the grandma died but the little girl was hurt, yet lived.

It is so baffling when things like this happen to the innocent.
hugs
tzt
I cried reading that.  My daughter is 3.  That is the worst thing ever, that poor family.  Ugh.

When Josh was given medication that was considered to impare driving, etc. they wouldn't give it to him until they physically saw his driver (me) there.  They told me I had to stay the whole time until he was released.  Then they walked us both out to the car to make sure I was the one getting in the driver's seat.  I don't think ANYONE should be given anything that impares them and then just be sent on their way.  There is no better proof than this story.

My heart breaks for that family.  
Thanks for you post. I spent many years on clinics and drive and even drove school bus, when I was on a low dose years ago. It's a problem because in most cases, it impairs you unless your on a lower dose and very stable. I have seen many horrible thing at clinics, crime, violence,etc etc and hate the punitive clinic system. Most of the folks there are there for a fix and the ones that aren't have to walk the gaubtlet of criminals and lowlifes every day. I'm not perfect, but I don't drink or take illegal drugs and am so gratefull not to be a slave to methadone and clinics. It's a broken system that needs help. all the best
It is a heartbreaking story but this girl obciously is an addict.  A life in jail while it's probably what she gets, she might not deserve.  She deserves to be just as clean as well all do and the system makes it easy for her to be high.  
But for the grace of God go I.  I n't tell you how many times I wondered how I got home.  Thank God I never hurt anyone.  It was a hirrible accident.  I feel for both families.
Monitored addictive drugs that don't come from the streets are better for our society and the people who are dependent on them. Our addicted neighbors can get their "fix" without stealing, or, worse yet, selling themselves to cope with their addictions.
That is such a heartbreaking story! I have a child and I could not imagine...

Thanks for sharing, it made me stop and appreciate everything a bit more!

Take Care
I'm not defending the clinics, but i'll point out here that methadone isn't a drug you can get high on. If she was taking the dose as perscribed, then it shouldn't have impaired her driving.

Now, these clinics are NOT set up to help people get off drugs. They're set up to maintaine them on a drug. And generally, they fail.

You CAN use them to get off drugs (I did) but the clinic system is actually a hinderance that must be worked around to be successsful. I would never had succeeded if i hadn't flagrently broken the rules on a daily basis.

So if we have a problem with that... then we should be fighting to change how our country views drug addiction.

The attitude that drug addiction can't be cured and must be maintained is dangerous. it is NOT based in reality; it is based on the concept of turning people into a cash crop for the medical/ pharmecutical industry.

Do you have a link to this news story? I'm curious and like to keep up on these things.
Thats an old post dude - I doubt that you can find anything except historical. Glad to get your input though -  - can you imagine overnight clinics LOL???  Incredibly sorry about the incident, but I agree with you. Life has hazards. Its still sad when we encounter them.
Eh. I got caught by the "bump" monster. Servers me right for setting five feet from the computer so I can't read all the print. :->
heartbreaking story.. i also would like to c these clinics shut down... wake up