Addiction: Social Community
Music that helps with addiction

This community is where you can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for substance abuse and addiction, please visit our Substance Abuse Addiction Community.

Music that helps with addiction

Music has helped me alot going through the dark road of opiate addiction. One band in particular that has helped me is Alice in chains, it's a grunge rock band and may not be for everyone but the lyrics are so powerful and raw and mostly anyone with addiction can relate. I recommend every song the album "dirt" just read the lyrics or listen to the music if your bored and have time. The song "would" is amazing and the lyrics describe my life perfectly. Their music has kept me from going crazy! Enjoy and post some good music that has helped you cope with addiction!

Oh I can relate! Not so much to the opiate addiction but I do LOVE music. When I get depressed I really don't like dealing with people at all. I avoid 'em even. The only thing I really like is music. Sometimes I have music for an occasion, like going to the gym. I have a fav (Pantera) that I love!
I learned how to play the piano a little because of depression, it was so soothing. Then I moved. I don't have a piano here, nothing music wise to play...yet. I plan on getting a cello though, all because of a Heroes episode lol. There was a lady playing a cello in Central Park and the music from it was amazing! I've searched and searched to find out who composed, with no luck though. I guess I'll just have to figure it out on my own cello one day. :) Nice thread.