My Huge News (you wont believe this!!!)
well i said i had huge news to announce and here it is

i had a talk (fight) with my children's father. Alot of rage came out as i screamed at him why isnt he taking better care of his kids, allowing them to go with no health insurance even after i told him the Dr said our oldest needs a tonsillectomy and tubes in his ear in the near future (unless we keep it under control the rest of the winter/cold/flu season. ) He asked me if thats one of the main reasons I hate him and i said YES of course it is. ANd I said what eats me the most is you inherited that money when your dad died (3 years ago) and you just let it sit in the bank and act like its not there (its not a huge amount but alot more than even I know I think- I know its at least 40,000 but probably more) He's always felt uncomfortable that he got any money at all when his dad passed and its a tender spot with him as he did love his dad dearly. So he's always pretended that money isnt even there (a form of denial of his death, if you ask me) but anyways... I said to him- you know how much your dad LOVED THESE KIDS! He loved them soooooooooo much and he was thrilled that he lived to be 92 years old and see them born and start to grow up before he died. Dont you think he would want them taken care of better, to have health insurance at least for crying out loud?? ANd at that, he caved. With tears in his eyes he said YOURE RIGHT

and he has now agreed to use that money to buy health insurance for both the boys!  Im still in shock about it. I already was researching online to see what plans are available and which company would be best to go with, which set up and deductable was most appropriate (man that stuff gets confusing!!). I have to meet with him tomorrow and we will decide which plan to go with and start the procedure to get them insurance! (what would happen if the state of ohio finally comes through after 6 months of waiting and they approved them, what then? lol   But cant wait any more for Ohio to decide if these boys get medicaid or not)

anyways thats my big news~      
i forgot to add- when we were first fighting about this- he said something to the effect that buying health insurance is likely to get you into negative numbers. that unless your arm or leg falls off and insurance pays to have it surgically re-attached that you'd be better off not having any insurance at all and just pay for things as they come up. I told him are you insane?? and btw he does pay CAR insurance!!! i asked him if he felt like he was wasting his money every month unless he wrecked the car weekly?? Its the same damnn thing (only more important with health!)! Its just crazy to me that he would justify buying car insurance but not health for his kids! anyways Im so happy that he has finally seen the light on this! Cross your fingers that he doesnt change his mind before he signs that paper and check!  
That is FANTASTIC NEWS.....!!........Really read those plans carefully.  Personally i would go with an HMO is surgery for the kids are imminent.

Good luck, hun & it sounds like a good start to the New Year for you.

God Bless,
Nauty...................<3
Its about time he steps up to the plate and realizes his kids need him no matter what...
hopefully he is turning over a new leaf...........Happy New Year!!!
That's FABULOUS!!!  I'm so proud of you for sticking up for your children!  That took a lot of gusto!  I'm so glad he's stepping up and being a father to his children and doing right for them.  WOOHOO!!!!  

Have a wonderful New Year!

(By the way, be sure to check pre-existing clauses before you purchase the insurance as well.  Does he have an insurance plan with his work?  Anyway, good luck!)
Wow, I had no idea he was sitting on a wad of cash. That's great that he's finally coughing some of it up. You know, as his wife, you are entitled to some of that money, especially the kids. So he's not being generous, he's doing what he should have done without a second thought.
Good for you, keep standing up for yourself and those boys.
That is great news, but I do believe legally half that money is yours.  I know in the state of Fl  it's 50/50 if your married.  Anyhow   so glad your son is going to be able to get his tonsils out finally.
Happy New Year !
Great news about the insurance for your kids. and great point about his car insurance. How would you not want your kids taken care of? Sounds to me he is kind of spiteful.

With the Inheritance, I hate to say, the money is his to do whatever he pleases. It is

Considered "SEPERATE PROPERTY" even in a divorce, and the spouse is NOT entitled

to any of it. Speak to your attorney though. I would Not press the issue with him now

that he is paying for the health insurance for the kids, he may decide against it out of

spite. Good Luck to you and your boys.
I am sooo happy for you!!!  have a happy new yr...
Boy Am I familiar with that one......inheritance is seperate property.....In my experience it was a good thing, but hopefully he will stick to his guns.......

AS UTAH SAYED CHECK THE PRE-EXIXTING CONDITION CLAUSE.....FOR SURE....

GOD BLESS, AND HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!  I BET YOU GOT SOMETHING GOOD COOKING TONIGHT.....EH?

NAUTY...............
Have followed your progress for a while. This is terriffic news for the New Year.....congratulations and give the kids a huge hug  - - - - and I am sure that your own mind will rest a little more easily now also .......
Hi Ive never posted before. I've been on Sub for a little bit. I go back n forth once in a while but I really love Sub. It truly is a miracle. But the comment I wanted to make is that I think it's SO WONDERFUL
how you support each other and celebrate each other's victories, small and large. People you don't even know. But on the other hand, boy do you know them because they are you! You are doing God's work you beautiful humans.
May you always be blessed with sobriety, and the peace, strength, love and faith in your hearts that it takes to achieve it. luv M