Addiction: Social Community
Need some advice (kind of off topic)

This community is where you can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for substance abuse and addiction, please visit our Substance Abuse Addiction Community.

Need some advice (kind of off topic)

All of you who are familiar with my story (and my incessant complaining about my job) but I leave on maternity leave on 11/08. I have made the decision NOT to come back. I loved my job until this lunatic started. Anyway, all of my time replenishes at the beginning of the year. Should I take my vacation and then quit or should I do what's nice and not take it.

I feel resentful because I feel they pushed me out of my job. Since this new person started...I dunno I just feel funny. When I first got pregnant, I was going to work up until the bitter end, then come right back to work after the birth of my son. But now, I am leaving four weeks early and I'm not coming back at all.

So what do you guys think...take it all or just take my maternity state leave (6 weeks) then resign?
If you are entitled to vacation then you should have the choice of either using it and then resigning or working to when you want to quit and getting paid for the unused leave, it would all depend on your company's policy on if you get paid for unused leave.

Either case do what is best for you and your family. I hope you deside to stay home with your baby, they grow up quick and having Mom at home is, in my opinion, is very important and best for the child.
i personally took my vacation and quit the day i cam back.  you worked for that time off with pay.  by all means use it then resign.  you have earned it.
you guys are right! I'm so out of there. They give my time up front in the beginning of the year so I was just going to take it all even though i havent really earned it...kind of crumby but it is what it is....
I say pray on it honey!  Your heart will give you the answer.  You have to live with your decision.  So do what is best for you!  You have to think of you and your baby.  What Would Jesus Do?  I will pray for you too sweetie.  God Bless!
Take all the time and/or pay you can get. If you don't you may regret it later.
I am not sure how your company works, but here, we also give our employees thier vacation time as one lump at the beginning of each year. They have earned this time when it is given and I think you should look at it the same.

Please do not look at it as taking all you can get, look at it as taking what you have earned. I believe taking what doesn't belong to you is wrong regardless, but I do not believe that is the case here. Most desent employers understand this and would offer to pay an employee that is leaving for thier unused vacation time. Have you read your employee handbook to see what the policy is?