Addiction: Social Community
No, I am not dead.

This community is where you can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for substance abuse and addiction, please visit our Substance Abuse Addiction Community.

No, I am not dead.

Not yet at least.These past weeks have been anything to write home about. Family problems, no. Money problems. no. Health problems, hell yes. It seems that my doctors think they know more about me than I do. I was supposed to cut back on my sugar intake. According to what the instructions are I would be eating half as much as the mouse I used to own many years ago. Instead of following the."rule for diabetics type 2," I started to eat normally and my blodd sugar dropped to just above average, 7.2.  Since than my average is fluctuating between 6.7 nand 8.1. Not bad for an old man. My asthma is now under full control. My prostate cancer hasn't changed in the past year. I have a herniated disc which bothered my legs, buttocks and hips. My neurologist got tired of giving me injections so he sent me to another neurologist. She told me that the pain in my legs, butocks and hips were due to my diabetes and was not nerve related I was given a pill which did absolutely nothing. Recently I was given prednisone for my asthma and miracle of miracles my pains ceased for about two weeks. It seems that prednisone besides working on lung infections also works on the nerve. So much for my pains being diabetis related. When I mentioned this to my doctor he just smiled and shrugged his shoulders. I might mention that I have been eating a lot of fruits and vegetables and I think they may have something to do with my becoming a tad healthier. Of course my doctors and many of my family and friends expect that my demise will be in the near future. I hate to disappoint them but I just ain't going anytime soon. I am going to stick around and drive them nuts. Luckily my grandchildren and great grandchildren like me while their parents think I am a pain in the ***. Hey, Crankshaft has nothing on me, I make him look like a nerd. Anyway that's mainly the reason I haven't been around lately but when I manage to get my hands on the computer I will become the usual pain in the neck I have always been here. As for you Sarah I see your visits are starting to get less and less. Are you okay girl? This site needs you. You are it's rock.
Nice to see you!!  You will always be our pain in the neck!!  lol

As for me...They fired the other night shift girl at my work so guess who gets to pick those hours up till they find someone?  I am running myself ragged right now.  It is only a 6 1/2 hr shift but everynight is getting old.  I havent had a day off since April 8th.  My other job is just plain brutal.  It is a train wreck that i have watched happen but noone would really listen and as of today all he!! broke loose and the rest of us are left to keep that business afloat or try to bring it back, take your pick.  All i know is that i am grateful for my clean time and recovery.  Without it i would be swallowed whole.  I will be back real soon on here alot.  Time to bring it back, dominosarah style!!