Addiction: Social Community
Pink Cloud Syndrome or ?????

This community is where you can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for substance abuse and addiction, please visit our Substance Abuse Addiction Community.

Pink Cloud Syndrome or ?????

I'm working on being CLEAN for 74 days (off of an 8-10 Norco habit a day x's 3 years) and was wondering if anyone else out there finds that their life has IMPROVED ALOT??  

I KNOW that mine has in the aspect of just being more CONNECTED.... to PEOPLE... PLACES.. and THINGS... plus.. I FEEL that I am alot more FUN to be around... (i.e. people laugh when they are around me).. AND.. I'm laughing too....something I haven't done in 3 years...

Makes me FEEL better but not sure if I'm going thru that so called PINK CLOUD syndrome.. .. ??

Any comments are appreciated and thanks in advance for being HONEST with me...

NorcoQueenoftheUniverse

Wow, just looked that Syndrome up and TBH that looks like a GREAT problem to have!

Seeing everything in a positive light, being ridiculously happy and in love with the world. People think thats a problem?!?

While I'm not THAT happy after 24 days clean I find I'm smiling. People didn't even know I was capable of smiling ><. I was even asked if I was high, ironically not of course. I've been talking to random people rather than blanking them out, I was even whistling while out on my bike earlier. All this is very out of character compared to the last ten years.

Of course there are still bad days but not so many or as severe so,  yes, I can relate to your post NorcoQueen, I think its just we feel a huge weight has been lifted and we are free once more.
I would've considered it the "pink cloud" effect if you were 2-3 days into your WDs and feeling Super happy...you're almost 3 months clean...you are ENJOYING FREEDOM!!!!

W/ the pills, we are clouding our minds and thoughts...now, your fog is lifting and you're experiencing life, clean and sober....

Keep on smiling!

Nick
Thanks you guys.. I'll keep on smiling...
hon..my life is fabulous..couldn't be going better and remember I am on dialysis..life is so worht living, and I am soooooooooooooooooooo happy to be clean...life is a gas....God Bless...brian
one of my best friends said he sees a big difference in me.  he said he wanted to beat my @zz about ten times before, and I am lucky I got cleaned up!!

I sure feel alot different, hell its been five years of major drug use !!

but unfortunately I lost alot of things in the process, over drugs and heavy duty partying.  I will have to pay homage for my past. hard not to dwell on all that was lost........rome has been burnt to the ground!!