Addiction: Social Community
Please read, this is so true!!!!

This community is where you can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for substance abuse and addiction, please visit our Substance Abuse Addiction Community.

Please read, this is so true!!!!

Drugs- I destroy homes, tear families apart, take your children, & that's just the start. I'm more costly than diamonds, more costly than gold, the sorrow I bring is a sight to behold, & if you need me, remember I'm easily found. I live all around you, in schools & in town. I live with the rich, I live with the poor, I live down the street, & maybe next door. My power is awesome; try me you'll... see, but if you do, you may never break free. Just try me once & I might let you go, but try me twice, & I'll own your soul. When I possess you, you'll steal & you'll lie. You do what you have to just to get high. The crimes you'll commit, for my narcotic charms will be worth the pleasure you'll feel in your arms. You'll lie to your mother; you'll steal from your dad. When you see their tears, you should feel sad. But you'll forget your morals & how you were raised, I'll be your conscience, I'll teach you my ways. I take kids from parents, & parents from kids, I turn people from god, & separate from friends. I'll take everything from you, your looks & your pride, I'll be with you always, right by your side. You'll give up everything your family, your home, your friends, your money, then you'll be alone. I'll take & take, till you have nothing more to give. When I'm finished with you you'll be lucky to live. If you try me be warned this is no game. If given the chance, I'll drive you insane. I'll ravish your body; I'll control your mind. I'll own you completely; your soul will be mine. The nightmares I'll give you while lying in bed, the voices you'll hear from inside your head, the sweats, the shakes, the visions you'll see; I want you to know, these are all gifts from me, But then it's too late, & you'll know in your heart, that you are mine, & we shall not part. You'll regret that you tried me, they always do, but you came to me, not I to you. You knew this would happen. Many times you were told, but you challenged my power, & chose to be bold. You could have said no, & just walked away, If you could live that day over, now what would you say? I'll be your master; you will be my slave, I'll even go with you, when you go to your grave. Now that you have met me, what will you do? Will you try me or not? Its all up to you. I can bring you more misery than words can tell. Come take my hand, let me lead you to hell
I have seen this before and it is very powerful.  
Im sorry I know this is not a question and not sure if Im allowed to post this on here but this may hopefully make someone think twice about doing drugs or may be what makes them decide to quit drugs. I sure hope it does help someone out there This is just so unbelievably true. When I first read this i was thinking sadly enough but,  It sounds like me.
Wonderful insight~ thank you for posting this, i had not heard it before. I looked it up and found this about the author......so sad.......

"A young indian girl who was in jail on drug charges, and was addicted to meth wrote this. She wrote this while in jail.  As you have just read, she fully grasped the horrors of the drug, as she tells in this simple, yet profound poem.  She was released from jail, but, true to her story, the drug owned her. They found her dead not long after, with a needle still in her arm."

It is the nature of the beast, to bring us from one drug to another, thinking that we are kicking one, but falling prey to another. God help us all.
Thanks for posting that missy....no matter how many times I read that, I always need to read it again.  I stumbled across a similar powerful "letter from my addiction" when I was about 60 days clean.  I posted it in one of my journals..(course nothing I share or say is "original" by any means0 LOL
If I find something that helps me, I try to share it just in case it might help another.  We are all unique, yet all the same.....so many paradoxes in recovery......we have to admit we are weak, in order to be strong.....we can't keep what we have, unless we give it away.....on and on Haha!

Since you are kinda new here, just wanted to let you know that on your home/profile page there is a place you can type a journal or put what you posted above for your own use (and others, too).  You can select whether you want to make your journal info "public" or private and they don't have to all be one or the other.  That's where I put some special things I always want to go back to w/o diggin thru all my old posts LOL
(took me a long while to figure out how to work this site..so just in case,
thought I'd share that w/ya!)
Welcome to the road to the recovery zone.......encouragement abounds!

Yeah Missy, my journal includes all kinds of info on sobriety, and i put this one on my journal page (with kudos to you for showing it to me). This is a really powerful message and worth having it handy , for sure. Good idea to put it on your journal page. Clean_in_ks.
Thanks clean_in_ks and  Nighthawk61, Im still trying to figure out where to posts things and where to find stuff also how to add friends. I will put in my journal. Can u read other peoples journal entries, oh i guess you can cause you had mentioned that you can choose to keep it private or open to public lol. Im gonna spend some time on here tonight to try to get it figured out a bit more. Im so glad I stumbled upon this site, I have no idea how I even found it but I bookmarked it right away lol. Everyone on here seems to be so kind and supportives. Thank you all :)
Hey that insight is awsome and so true .I'm new to this chat room my doc asked me to visit.I've been on suboxone for a few months and its wonderful .no more perscription drugs.I'm doing good i can finally hold a jod and my family is benifiting from it. this is an great feeling
Awsome !!!! also true!!!
So sad!   I was curious who wrote it.  It's like she wrote her own obituary.  No truer words have been spoken.  
Wow this made me teary eyed!
Wow!
Thank you for posting that...That should be posted in every school...These are drugs from the devil...AND they will destroy our lives...Hugs
Thank you from me also, I'm having a really hard time right now and I need to be reminded of possible outcomes when choosing to make the wrong decision.