Addiction: Social Community
Question stolen from Paul.

This community is where you can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for substance abuse and addiction, please visit our Substance Abuse Addiction Community.

Question stolen from Paul.

Do you feel the media is biased ?

It all depends on what your watching.  Fox is definatley republican all the way.  Your basic channels ABC, NBC probably go more left.
This is the reason I watch MSNBC or CNN.  They alway try to have equal amounts of republican to democrat. MSNBC does have 2 very liberal shows.  Keith Oberman and Rachel Maddow but these can get boring if no one from the republican party is there to state their case.  I love my "Morning Joe" (on MSNBC) he's a republican and his side kick Mica is a democrat. Gotta have that back and forth.
MSNBC is so non biased, that they have repremanded Oberman & Mathews in some way for overdoing their love for Obama.  This is the best station if you want the real facts on both parties, but alot of people can't handle the real facts. (ya know who I'm talking about).
NBC, CNBC, MSNBC. Are owned by GE. GE has billions in contracts in Iraq. That is why Olberman and Mathews were pulled from election night coverage. Have to keep the money flowing in the war for oil. It's pretty scary, that the media is now owned by huge corporations with an agenda. I don't trust any of them. They are all biased.
I agree with Sterling, they are all biased. That's why I love these questions, I get info from all sides and although I'm Republican I still like to be as informed as I possibly can be.
They are all biased but there are a few that try to report in the middle but the reporter's views sometimes get in the way.

I was watching CBS, is that the one with Katie Couric?  I could tell they were for McCain, they made a 10 minute report to try to make Obama's claims obsolete, but then they quickly added for about 2 minutes of the segment that Palin gave the wrong information stating that Alaska  manfactures (if I'm even using the correct term) 25% of the US's oil, but it's really around 14%. Big mistake on Palin's end.
Interesting!  I have found that most stations will NOT report anything negative that Obama has done or said.  In fact, the mainstream media won't even bring it up.  The media has pushed Obama and it's quite obvious that's who they are rooting for.  Even during the conventions, you could hear in the journalists voices and words that they were pushing for Obama.  They were not objective at all.  I was surprised.  I remember when our media actually just reported what was said, done or what happened.  But now, they put there opinion in there rather than reporting the news!  It's a waste of time anymore!  That's why it's important to watch the speeches, and the debates so you can make up your own mind.  I love it when a speech is done how each party construes it to be what they want and actually say things that weren't even said!  Unbelieveable!!!

I am not Republican or Democrat.  I'm a conservative, but probably more moderate than anything.  Most stations report nothing but rhetoric.  How's that for negative!  Sorry, but this is how I feel about our media today!
Hey !!  Don't bag on My FOX NeWs.......they tell me they are fair and balanced...And, I believe them.......Lmao!!!

Biased......Come on Mary......that question was way too easy.......:-)))

Nauty....
Too easy ....blame it on Paul.  LMAO  
thanks for posting. nice to read everyones take. Life is interesting, and people are most interesting. but this election takes the cake. :-)
http://www.freepress.net/node/41314

If you repect Bill Moyers- ya gotta give this a listen. It is long but worth it to hang in to the end. VERY appropriate to the topic of this thread,
Thanks, that was great. Mimi, you need to find 40 minutes to listen to this!!!!!!
I was at the so-called free press convention in Minneapolis this year and Mr Moyers was presenting. This guy is very far left and no I don't respect him. If one is going to report, try to report the facts unbiased. I was there... blah
Paul, you don't see ANY relevance in what Moyers said? Yes, he's got a very left view, but much of what he spoke about is a very real problem, even if you strip away the "marxist-hippie ideology".

If you're going to get specific I'll have to watch the presentation again. I only remember having an over all impression of agreeing with much of what he said, although a great deal of the time it was along the lines of;

"Eh...yeeeees....he's right...but it isn't that simple."
It's very hard, especially these days, for anyone to trust media. First the mainstream goes left, then much of radio and Fox goes right. It's hard to trust any source without wondering their intent. I remember a few months ago talking to a CEO of a tech company in MN. I always tell my employees, never-ever talk politics to clients. So what does this guy do? Talk politics. I had to be quiet. But even he was ranting on and on about how far right the Wall Street Journal have become. I, like many other people, just want the facts reported and let us decide. Not easy these days.

I was just watching a documentary called "Weapons of mass deception" which does a fairly decent job of describing just exactly how the military did an "excellent" job of making the media an actual reporting tool of a warfare campaign (specifically the Iraq war).
It's VERY compelling...and disturbing.

Eh, when I'm with a higher up who starts ranting politics, I just make sounds like I agree with 'em. I'm ALWAYS open to expressing opposing views to my own when cold, hard cash is involved. ;)

You should do what I do; I try to catch foreign news reports done by reporters in countries that aren't really involved in the situation one way or the other. Canadian coverage isn't bad...UK has gotten better. You want to go biased in the other direction, try France. :)