Addiction: Social Community
Sandy Update

This community is where you can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for substance abuse and addiction, please visit our Substance Abuse Addiction Community.

Sandy Update

Hi all---We got hammered here with Sandy but we are still alive and well. Of course the stubborn person that I am married to would't leave so she weathered out the storm with me. WOMEN so stubborn. Since she didn't want to leave I put her to work filling sandbags so there. Actually we worked together quite well and she loved it. Ash helped me set up our genenrator and invited all of our neighbors to come over and hang out through the ordeal. Prior to the storm hitting Ash went out to the store to pick up some supplies and she meet a homeless couple and brought them home. Ash said she felt bad that they wouldn't have any shelter when then storm hit. I was a little apprehensive but once I found out how them became homeless I welcomed them. Without going through a long story I will just say it was due to losing a job and herion addiction.

I talked to Gary ( the homeless part of the couple) and he told me he has been trying and wants to get clean. I told him if you really want that then you need to just go for it and go C/T. Gary said to me "You don't know what your asking that's a horrible w/d for 7-10 days" I told him yes my friend I certainly do what I'm asking and saying as I went through it. We had a long discussion about addiction and I hope that some of it sunk in, but I know addicts are masters of letting people hear what they think they want to hear. Right now Gary and his wife are sleeping comfortable in our guest bedroom and I pointed him to this forum so we shall see. I think God sent them our way and if we can help them we will, if they don't take that help that's on them.

Anywho the point of this post was to let all of you guys out there know that Ash (the stubborn one) and I (the tenacious one) are fine and a little storm can;t get us down---Love & Peace Rick & Ashley.

Very relieved to read this Rick...

You guys should go into a kind of "Bed and Breakfast with a dash of Recovery" business!  LOL.  You're both wonderful people...
What an uplifting post, Rick! Only you can turn a natural disaster into a recovery opportunity! I'm glad you and the Mrs are safe and sound! I hope that if I'm ever stuck In a hurricane, you are nearby!

I love the Bed and Breakfast with a dash of recovery idea!

Take care and continue to stay safe! Sleep well!
I am relieved to hear you are okay.

I wouldnt know anything about being stubborn so can only imagine!!  lol

Keep us posted when you can~~
take care there we'll say a prayer for ya'll please be safe!
I am glad you guys are okay. Ash is not stubborn. She just loves you.
Wow take a look at this video it tears my heart out to see this. My sister lost her house as Sandy carved out a new inlet by the bridge in Manoloking NJ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u07b03Ifdyk&feature=endscreen

God Bless and help all of the people caught up in this terrible devastation
I have been watching the news from afar but feeling really close to all of you. I am sorry that your sister lost her home but i know that if she is only a 10 % like you, she will rebuild and stand up again sooner than later !!! So glad that you and Ashley are ok !!!