Addiction: Social Community
Sober Vacation

This community is where you can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for substance abuse and addiction, please visit our Substance Abuse Addiction Community.

Sober Vacation

Vacations were always tough for me.  I always thought I needed to be loaded to have fun with my family when in actuality I was causing everyone else to be miserable.  This summer we went on a week long vacation and I was totally clean.  I have to say it was the best vacation I have ever been on.  I still can't believe how much those darn hydros ruined my life.  I am seeing it more clearly every day.
Holy crap... that brings back a flood of memories.

I used to have to plan vacations and trips, etc, around my Pain-Management appointments, so that I'd have a full set of prescriptions whenever we went  anywhere.

Boy oh boy... the things we do in our addictions. And I'd be willing to be, we're not the only ones that did it either.

Come on you f*cking addicts... speak up!!!

How many of you worked vacations/trips/etc. around when you were going to have a full pill bottle, or a fix that would last you the entire trip?!?

(*God I love this place! Where else can we talk to our fellow Brothers & Sisters about things we can all relate to?)
My 2nd time to Florida I spent more money on pills then did on my vacation. I thought I had to to have a great time. The last 2 days I spent m horrible wds didn't do nething but lay around n the living room at our resort. I know I ruined my fiancé s trip. I even think my drug addict behavior was the reason we lost the Daytona 500 tickets!! Since I've been 2 weeks clean I haven't been on vacation yet but I can not wait to take one and enjoy myself!!! What a great post!!
I am so happy for you lady.  I think you are really getting it this time!!!  Keep making new memories girl.........

I used to plan my grocery shopping trips around the pills......