Addiction: Social Community
Social v addict, it's my first time ever

This community is where you can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for substance abuse and addiction, please visit our Substance Abuse Addiction Community.

I've been in the substance abuse forum, it's ok, but its relapse more than anything,
Altho I can relate to detox, I'm not an addict and perhaps it's being egotistic but I
Had to prove to myself that I can get off the 75 mg of oxy per day, that started out
3 y1/2 yrs ago at 25 mg for first 21 months, then the addiction rose to 40-50 mg.
  After Obama won I gotta text from a guy friend telling metro get off the " chit " that
I need to be in my " A" game.   And we'll since I'm a rag to riches story it wasn't
Just detox,,it was and is, in ur face kinda thing I had to know it was free will to
Quit,  I have over 100 more and I began tapering nov 6 and jumped off at 2 mg
Of Percocets a day, last thur was my last day.4 days clean and because I reduced
Over 24 days it dragged out. 75 mg , nov 6-15 I went one leap 75 mg to 20 mg a day
Just to attend meeting and breath.  I've never been a drinker, smoker or addicted
To anything.    So I'm clean and I'm going to flush what I have on probably day
60 or 90. Days.      Social is not same as drug addict ?? As if it matters.
You may be confused as to the difference between this Addiction: Social
community and the Addiction: Substance Abuse community.
This social community is for addicts/recovering (or not) to discuss the social aspects of their lives.  Like football pools, daily life happenings, personal events or struggles, whatever.  Just a social gathering or community of like minded people.  There is really no such thing as a "social user of narcotics".    
I'm sorry you think the substance abuse forum is all about relapse. That isn't my perception of it.  I, myself, have not relapsed and many others have not either although that is a common occurance for an addict and may be necessary for some people to convice them they truly are an addict.  I am attempting to put every safeguard in place so that I never do relapse.  The majority of the people that post in the substance abuse forum are people who have tried and continue to try to be free of narcotics.  Since this sounds like it is your first try at weaning or being totally free, I'd invite you to hang around and read some more.  Maybe this 4 days totally free will be a successful venture for you.  If you can have that many pills in your home and do not take them, follow thru and flush them......then the narcotics may not have a hold on you.  I, myself, would not want them there at all if I didn't intend to or want to take them again.  That's just me.
If you have a dr prescribing them to you for a very real and legitimate health reason and are able to take them exactly as prescribed, maybe you don't have an issue with them.  If you are dependent and not addicted, then once the narcotics leave your system, you should be just fine....no mind tugs, or the making up of excuses so you can go back and take them again.  Of course, that is something you will work out for yourself.  

I didn't want any confusion, it's a serious subject.   I am missing my refill appointment. I didn't even think this drug was so serious and addictive.  My ex mother in law was addicted to norco and wanted to borrow money etc.... That's when things go from dr to dealer or dr shopping. I wish she'd join me.   I'm 46 and its just amazing what big pharma has done. If I ever have a surgery , never again. Seems there's Vicodin around here from first refill never used. I hate the stuff.   And yes weird as it is,   I have it and I am not interested, it took a damn month to feel human, no way. And now that I see how it's hurt so many, I hate it more so.   I appreciate your response,  it was a tricky question.  I just didn't know of there was social or relapse addiction forum.  I know when I began everyone said flush them and I did tapering for 24 day no issues....  But maybe some should cut ties. I paid $115 month period.     I wish these where illegal for human use. Can't a. Naproxen or 1000 mg acedameniphen do the same. Seems with surgery on,u first 24 hrs are painful.       Tkx again, this place has been important to me. I felt alone in my sick days and I want people to know u can return to what u where before u used them.     Xoxox - Lynn
Yes a dr perscribed and I never ran out before my next visit, but I was not going to stop because I didn't know when,.. How to go about it. I'm glad ur a first timer. I need to hear from people who have had one issue with addiction and recovered.     I'm glad you are one.  Seems everyone worried about relapse. It's not happening, no way.  10000 pills in front of me, I'm not interested. It's poisen. I've really owned the fact that this crap shouldn't be given to humans . We need something that kills pain that doesn't ruin lives. So sad a pill for pain is he'll to get off of.  Leads to lie cheat and steal. I got really wired and clumsy and absent minded with oxy/ Percs.   No one said a thing, I was different,  it's amazing getting to know yourself again clean. I like it. I'm naturally hyper and type A personality.          Tkx again for clarifying it all.