Addiction: Social Community
Spanking????

This community is where you can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for substance abuse and addiction, please visit our Substance Abuse Addiction Community.

Spanking????

Ya know those little tid bits of info on the right of this page.
Man, my mind is in the gutter but it did get my attention lol!!

Do you see it????

Terry
I responded to that post. Shall we start a controversial one? He He! Lets do! My response to spanking.

Well, I had six kids. So maybe Im not in the loop so to speak about this particular subject. Some of my children never got a spanking in their lifetime and then some of them did. I remember when my 3rd son was about 4 years old. Whenever we went somewhere, either out in the yard to the store etc, he would take off running toward the street. Constantly! One day he almost got hit by a car. Did he learn no. The next time he did it, I ran after him leaving the others to wait on me and when I got hold of him I spanked him good! I mean good!  Never had the issue again because he was afraid (yes, afraid) he would get another, and yep, he would have. Now he is 36 years old and it is a big joke in the family.  Did it wound him? no Permanantly damage him? NO.  Does he abuse his children or feel like I dont love him? NO

The results are in the pudding so to speak. IMO

I was brought up with spankings as well....I know I hated them, but I learned by boundries and sure learned to obey quickly. After we got spanked we'd be sat down and talked to. I think it worked for me, no matter how much I disliked it, I learned from it. (Slapping, beating, cursing, whipping....thats alot different and awful compared to a whack on the butt a few times.)
I absolutely agree with you!!       I raised three children,  and for the most part, a swat on the bottom  or the hand was all that was needed,  I was not one of those parents that "counted to ten"  good grief,  who is the adult and who is the child???  And some parents will stand there counting to ten,  oh 15 times,  and wonder why their child won't listen to them!!  

But the one spanking I did have to give,  was with a newspaper......    up the stairs and to  to her bedroom  and she got the message.....  of course when she re-told the story (called her daddy,  grandma and aunt to tell on me!  I had the day off from work  and her 'saviours" were at work) ,  it was up the main stairway,  down the hall,  down  the back stairs,  and thru the house one more time  ha ha!!         She was being a sassy pants,  and I don't or didn't give 15 warnings,  when I said enough,  that is exactly what I meant.    And that one good spanking with a newspaper (which you must know got her attention, certainly didn't hurt her physically , it did hurt  her feelings) knew I was serious.....

Oh gosh, I wish   for those times when life was so much more simple, our children were babes,  and we (moms and dads) had control!!      Thank God, we can at some time see them grow into all that we wanted their lives to be.....  
My mom used to threaten me. She made me "kneel and pray to GOD to make me better". Well, that never worked. I think I knelt until I was seventeen and I have arthritis in my knees to this day to prove it!!

So, she would threaten to hit me but never did and then one day she raised her hand to me...I didn't know what to do or how to act. That scared me more than anything. The thought of her doing it was like "Yeah, okay" but when she actually followed through on the threat....WOW!! It worked.
When my wife tells me she is gonna count to 10 and if I dont stop she is going to spank me, I say please dont waste time counting. OHHH your talking bout correcting kids my bad. LOL Sorry  i will be good unless im gonna get a spanking. SORRY PLEASE DONT TURN ME IN JUST HAVING FUN
You are too funny!! Now thats a spanking lolol!

Terry
OMG  I am laughing so hard.....  absolutely perfect!!!    Thank you!!!   I really needed a good laugh........  what a hoot!!!    Hope you  still want and get some "discipline" tonight,  you have absolutely deserved it!    :)

ps   if anyone turns you in,  I guess we will be attending another addiction class.. lol!!
The one I thought only celebrities joined!!
hmmmm how do i word this........ahhh leather and stilettos!!!!  LOL

oh and maybe a do rag!!!!
NOW we are getting somewhere!!!!
Maybe a little lace too
you all can treat me bad all you want love you guys
Ok Spanking for outotown
Terry a little to the left and Sara down just a little OHHHHH right there!!!!!
Look at this....glad I got back just in time...LOL  Who is spanking who?  On the real life side...I spanked my youngest son...once...he was 14yrs old and skipped school with a person that I did not like...I never had to spank him again...and as far as I know he never skipped school again..
Geez, My Mom beat me everything she could get her hands on !!  Vacuum cords, wooden shoes & spoons, belts, spactula's .........I got the **** beat out of me as a kid, but I don't hold it against my parents, because they did regret it later, and just didn't know any better.  

There's no book on being a parent ~~I like my spankings now soft, but firm.......:-))~~~

Nauty........
Totsie thats as far as you know
My dad had very poor hearing nd one day he and mom thought I did something I did not do, well he thought as we were talking that I had smarted him off, which I didnt, well when he got done with me I knew never to smart him or do what he thought I had done.

My kids got a spanking when they needed it I got them when I needed them, heck my teachers used to paddle me at school, There is a reason we have a padded area on our back side. The bible says spare the rod, HATE not spoil the child, that rod is a rod of correction it does not have to be a spanking, it can be whatever it takes to teach our kids right from wrong. Which is not happening near as much as it should.

Naughty I think im in love LOL
Trying to get the attention away from all that want to spank you?    Hah!   A bit too late for that,  but nice try!!      ;)
I don't see how anyone could raise a child for 18 years without a few spankings. A little whack on the bottom doesn't physically hurt (especially through 4 in. of diaper). They say it's the embarrassment of it that teaches them a lesson anyhow.

Sorry it's too early and I haven't finished my first cup of coffee.....so I can't join in on the spanking of Outotown.......yet.
I seem to remember my hand hurting instead of their butts!!!!!  My grandma was a firm believer in Spare the rod spoil the child!!!

I have to have another cup of coffee too Mary!!!  Too early for that visual!!!!  LOL

I had 3 boys (1 being a stepson)  he could never get with the program..always (from the time he was 4) did what he wanted to do...he got spanked quite a bit.

my middle son....all you had to do was tell him once "Chris, don't do that again"  I think I can count one one hand the number of time he was spanked...

Scott, my yougest...pretty much the same way..

Jim
spare the rod spoil the child
outotown--  Can't stop laughing...

sara--Like you my hand would hurt more then their booties...Boy then i was mad...lol
r2r
this is too stange, i am actually on here to calm down, my boys went over to the neighbors house after i specifically told them to stay in our yard, it has been an ongoing issue since the big move, i am contemplating spanking them, as of now they are in the bath, we spent half the day baking an apple pie, obviously they will go to bed without that, or a book and i cancelled a trip to the lake we had planned for thursday, i really do not believe in spare the rod, i believe it breads violence but when safty is a concern i guess its a personal choice, my 7 yr old told me he would rather a spaking then no pie
parenting is tough! i did that hazeldon parenting in recovery program, there was a ton of stuff on handling anger, most people i know spank/hit their kids out of anger, thats pretty much how i feel right now very angry
The ROD is not just a spanking, its the ROD of correction, weather it be going to bed without pie, or a tap on the bottom to stop them from touching the hot stove. So you do believe in in spare the rod you just use your ROD differently. Its teaching right from wrong, and teaching about things that can harm them. Which is very lacking in alot of homes now, kids are left to raise themselves all to often. And way to many kids are spank cuz the parents are to busy or just so frustrated in todays world that they chose to take out thier agravation on the kids and than the kids cannot learn right from wrong.
Try not to spank when angry. Anger shows a child they have control and spanking during that time is not only ineffective but potentially dangerous. There is a fine line between spanking and beating, thus the controversy over it.

I am appalled at the difference in behavior and respect children portray now compared to 20 years ago. Sparing the rod I fear, has spoiled the child. As I said the proof is in the pudding.

Society seems to bounce from one extreme to the other. They either excessively spank or beat  to doing absolutely nothing. Both extremes produce the same effect in my opinion. What say you?
Child buttock-battering vs. DISCIPLINE:

Child buttock-battering for the purpose of gaining compliance is nothing more than an inherited bad habit.

Its a good idea for people to take a look at what they are doing, and learn how to DISCIPLINE instead of hit.

I think the reason why television shows like "Supernanny" and "Dr. Phil" are so popular is because that is precisely what many (not all) people are trying to do.

There are several reasons why child buttock-battering isn't a good idea. Here are some good, quick reads recommended by professionals:

Plain Talk About Spanking
by Jordan Riak,

The Sexual Dangers of Spanking Children
by Tom Johnson,

NO VITAL ORGANS THERE, So They Say
by Lesli Taylor M.D. and Adah Maurer Ph.D.

Most compelling of all reasons to abandon this worst of all bad habits is the fact that buttock-battering can be unintentional sexual abuse for some children. There is an abundance of educational resources, testimony, documentation, etc available on the subject that can easily be found by doing a little research on "spanking".

Just a handful of those helping to raise awareness of why child buttock-battering isn't a good idea:

American Academy of Pediatrics,

American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry

Center For Effective Discipline,

PsycHealth Ltd Behavioral Health Professionals,

Churches' Network For Non-Violence,

Nobel Peace Prize recipient Archbishop Desmond Tutu,

Parenting In Jesus' Footsteps,

Global Initiative To End All Corporal Punishment of Children,

United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.

In 26 countries, child buttock-battering is prohibited by law (with more in process). In fact, the US was the only UN member that did not ratify the Convention on the Rights of the Child.
I always believed in Spanky, never cared much for Alfalfa. Buckwheat was a riot.

lol lol        :o
Mary..............LOL

Hey all I can say is that my mom and dad beat t he craps out of me!!  Most of the time well deserved, but ..........sometimes......ummm not so needed and not so ...Ouch!  but I came out perfectly NOrmal, Right?.....Mary?

If you spare the rod, your gonna lose your kid somewhere in the translation.  kids now-a-days are ridiculous.  Calling the cops on their parents for smacking sense into them.....and getting  ARRESTED????......i can't comprehend that?  Its  whole different ballpark now.  I feel for anyone who is a parent in this time.

Okay> this is what I am trying to say.  Spanking is not a bad thing.  If you spank your child for disciplinarian reasons and not because YOU ARE MAD Or FRUSTRATED.......its fine.  I see so many parents take a swing at their kids and its obvious it could be corrected another way, but its just mom or dad......usually mom...lol.......just releasing their own frustration on their kid, and that's sad.

In my opinion.....SPANKING is fine.  Hell I still enjoy an little Spanky-spanky to this day.........Doesn't everyone???........"=)

Nauty..........