Addiction: Social Community
Thank You~

This community is where you can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for substance abuse and addiction, please visit our Substance Abuse Addiction Community.

Thank You~

I just wanted to say a heartfelt thank you to everyone who sent me messages of sympathy after my mom passed.  You all were my safe zone and my reality.  I am working hard at trying to sort thru many emotions.  It is still early in this process but i know i will get thru it.  Being clean has actually been a blessing this time as i wasn't clean when my dad passed.  That was he!!.  My heart is still so heavy but you all have made it easier and for that i am so grateful~sara

Stronger than yesterday~

Guard is up~
Sara I am so sorry to hear about your Mom passing. Ash & I send you our love and prayers. I know how hard it is to get through such a thing but I also know getting through it sober does make a difference. Take time to grieve and let your emotions out and be around family to talk to when you need to. I wish I had some magic words to take the pain away but I don't as only time will heal.

Reflect back on all of the wonderful you and your Mom shared and know she is now in a better place. Ash & I are sending strenght and prayers your way. A great person has said this to me many times when I was down "Always Keep your Guard up". These five words have gotten me through some rough times as I know they will for you.

Peace & Love,
Rick & Ashley
It's great to have people who love us unconditionally. Having love at such a difficult time gives us gratitude and puts a warm spot in our broken hearts. Having all of these emotions at once makes our heads become a whirlwind. That's y we always have to do the opposite of what we think we should do and not give our disease anytime to sneak in.

I was told over n over again I'm to thank him for the pain as that's a reminder of me bn alive.

I love u my friend and togeather u will get thru this and u will come out  a different person. Pain changes people. That I know is a fact. We almost have to b completely broken down in order to stand taller then we once did b4.

When someone passes away its super hard but I try to look at it this way..I have one more angel guiding me and one more person to greet me at the gates of heaven. That brings me comfort to know that.  We r without them for a lil bit but we will meet them again for all eternity.

<3 ang

You are always in my heart and in my prayers. I know how hard this is for you right now but I also know that you will come out the other side and you will see this as a lesson. It always is. Love you lady...
Dearest Sara, we are only giving back a tiny fraction of what you give each and every day! I continue to pray for your strength and healing! I know how very difficult this is, and for me, it really hit me hard after everything was done, and I finally went home to get back to my life. Every day for months I would remember something different about my dad! Some good, some bad! Yes, time does heal! I wish you the very best! You are in my heart! Take care, I'm so happy and proud to call you my friend!
I'm sorry to hear of your loss. There are not words to say that take away the loss. I know you're strong and you will get through this. Again, I am so sorry.
I think about you every day and always hope you're feeling alright...  You've been sticking to your routines and that's about the best thing you can do for yourself, as you know.
I'm glad you've been staying close; there's so much love for you here...
If there was something I could say or do to help you to feel better, I would do it. You just have to get through this. Time will help. You have many friends here. I am glad that you have your Guard Up.
I hope you feel better soon.
Oh Sara , I haven't been on for a few weeks and just saw this . You have my deepest sympathy about your mother . I hope the good memories of her give you some comfort and God be with you . I am so sorry . Jimmy
Unfortunately life is not all strawberries and cream. Sometimes it gives us sour milk and lemons. To get past the deep sadness that pervades our soul we sometimes withdraw into a guarded world. We build a wall around our grief and forget to remember the good days we had with our loved ones. Time creeps up on all of us and the things we dread happen. You forget that there are others who share your sorrow. we may not know personally the person that you are grieving for but, because it is you, a person whom we have an affection for, we feel some of your grief and if we could, would give you our shoulders to lean on and we offer our deep regret at not being able to hug you closely at this time. Please accept that we care very much. Bless you Sara.