Addiction: Social Community
The Steve Wilko Show/aka Jerry Springer

This community is where you can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for substance abuse and addiction, please visit our Substance Abuse Addiction Community.

The Steve Wilko Show/aka Jerry Springer

Has anyone ever watched this stupid show "Steve Wilko " ?
Like how much worse could he possible handle drug addicts and their situations? Of course some of them do need to be shamed. But he is so ignorant about the whole addiction thing. He could have a really good show and be doing something good and worthwhile. What a shame.
Yeahs just a big oveown drill seargent full of hot air. I do agree that he is chasing out child abuse offenders and such but I agree on the addict thing..... Why in the world would anyone got their searching out help for an addiction anyway. If they are that blatantly stupid than they deserve it.
I watched it one time and he was so incredibly arrogant to the one addict i just had to turn it off.  Instead of offering help he just shamed the guy even more.  I watch "The Cleaner" now and that is a very powerful show.
I watch it every night, and its funny you bring it up....I was just watching a show a few days ago, and I was very disturbed when he actually told a mother or grandmother..cant' remember, but he told her she would be better off dead??  because of some things she did because she was an addict.....I support a lot of what he says, but do agree he has gotten a little too big for his britches.  To tell someone they would be better off dead rather than get help, was pretty bad.

He claims that all his years as a cop and dealing with drug addicts for un-teen million years.......I agree, he is pretty clueless about addiction, and pretty hard on the addicts.  But, I do have to say he is getting obnoxious.......I used to have the biggest crush on the baldy, but, now its just Stamos...............

I have to say ......I loved when he threw the chair at the wall and it stuck.....that was pretty funny........

Steve, Steve, Steve, Steve !!!!!!!!!!

Nauty........
It's a stupid show, but it works on the "Car Wreck" phenomena; as terrible as it is. people can't help to stop and stare.

I look at that show as a symptom of what our society has become. We're a society of blamers and accusers. We practice killing compassion and murdering rationality.

It's so much easier to be deliberately uncomprehending and take an illusionary moral high ground.

Lock them up! Send them away! Castigate them! Ship 'em back to where they came from! Put 'em all on an island somewhere!

This is the new mantra of the American Way.

After all, if we actually try to understand and find solutions with these problems, we may have to come to the ugly realization that we are, in fact, part of the problem.

And it will take hard work to become part of the solution.

And hard work...is so hard.
People just don't know the meaning of hard work!  Like you say hard work is ...SO HARD
I used to love Steve on Jerry's show!  But he just doesn't know what he's doing up there!  I can handle him going after the child abusers but I agree with you on his treatment of the addict.  Maybe some of them are deserving of his harsh approach, but he just looks like a big bully up there abusing his position.  What a waste, when he could really be doing some good with the forum and audience that he has.  Well, maybe if everybody writes Ole Steve O a  letter with regard to there concerns and makes a few suggestions.  Well that is what I have to say about that!
Yeah I too liked the springer show until he became the public appointed new P.T. Barnum with his modern day freak show. I think he I think he parades these people around to get better ratings thus profiting on these folks misfortunes. They do choose to do this but I believe anyone would like to make the money whatever he pays them, this does not change the fact that he is profiting on their hardships...... Just my opinion and nothing else...................... It is sad..............................
Yes... I wish Springer had run for senator, I think he'd have won. We NEED more naked midget lesbian redneck incest wrestling!!! Springer!!! GIVE ME MY FIX!!! :)
It'll be ok!  ((giggles))
Can't get enough of the cousin *uc*ing, brothers babies momma's daddy gone wrong cuz the grandpa is really the uncle of the 3rd aunt's ex lovers brothers son, but not before marrying grandmas sister sue's 3rd husbands, mothers dad!
Ya get that?   hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!   Don't get lost between trailer parks either.  Cuz if ya get lost you'll have a heluva time finding cousin billy bo bobs cabin in the woods.  I am runnin with this one huh?  Just havin some fun.....How is every  body doin?
Hugs,]
D
I must move to a trailer park. It sounds like all the true drama of love happens there.

I'm going to hire the sound effects guy from springer to follow me about, doing his thing accordingly.
exactly why i watch very little television..First, I can't sit long enough to watch it and 2nd..there is not a whole lot on..I must admit that when i do watch it i like the Deadliest catch and Mike Rowes Dirty Jobs..my kids usually watch the animal planet thing so i like that too..but the talk shows,soap operas and reality t.v gone wild..lol can't stand it..Oh and you gotta love the "look how rich and famous I am and you'll never have it t.v." I wipe my a$$ with 18kt gold toilet paper and have diamonds put on my kids diapers..LOL
Your right Savas..the american way...sighhh..

oh yeah and Steve Wilkos...my husband watches that junk..Steve is out of line but then again..i think the people on his show already know that he is going to be obnoxious and that is part of their agreement...but I'd smack him..LOL
Sad thing about Springer,  I think he is intelligent......uhm  but he was a congressman,  representative..gosh  not sure of his political appointment,   but he wrote a check to pay for a prostitute......bye bye political career,  and how stupid was that??!!  And no I didn't see this on his or any other show,  I read way too much,  and remember that from news articles  gosh  15 years ago.  I should check this out before I really sound stupid!!      I watch very little tv  but the Springer trivia came back to me....also the Wilkos guy,  he has done a lot for charity, or so I also have read.   The shows,  if you aren't smart enough to know what you're signing a release for a show you are appearing on, and "baring your soul",  I truly have absolutely no ,  nada,  sympathy.  I think the real victims are the people that watch this nonsense!!  And again,  that's by  their choice!
That's right, Springer did win some office or other. Well, I can't say I'm surprised. Nice guy image or not, considering the show he did for over a decade, it's not surprising he had some illicit habits.

I think it's about time we stop expecting our politicians to be saints. Personally, I'd rather have an ex addict... an ex con... someone who gambled their fortune away, anything like that in office.

These are supposed to be "Representatives of the people", correct? How many people do you know who lead "Sin free lives."?  Statistically, they're definitely in the minority.

So... would you rather have someone in office who's made the same mistakes as you and understands the pain of suffering that comes with life's mistakes?

Or some smegging puritan who's idea of a the highlight of a bad life experience is when his puppy died when he was 10?

No contest for me. At least with my formula, you know what type of criminal you're getting in office, and can plan accordingly for the worst scenario!
I am with you on that one!