Addiction: Social Community
The smell of Crack?

This community is where you can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for substance abuse and addiction, please visit our Substance Abuse Addiction Community.

The smell of Crack?

I have a roomate that used to be clean and sober but now isn't. I get along with him ok on a hi and bye basis, but he drinks, has a porno and drug addiction. Supposidly he stopped all drugs and just drinks but I don't buy it. There is this smell the permiates the house recently. The landlord (nice guy) thought it was just pot but no way I told him. The thing is, I'm not familiar with crack but have a vauge recolection of this smell. It's very pungent, like rubber burning or some chemicals. Can anyone here describe it better. Thanks.
i describe it as a plastic bottle burning.  i now know b/c my X b/f is smoking crack and there were several nights i woke up smelling that funky smell and he told me that i was dreaming.  of course i wasn't - he was just lying.  

maybe someone else can describe it better.
Thanks, that's a good start.
if it smells like rubber it sounds like meth, or crack. it has a very unusual smell is your roomie up all night or never eats does he have a hitch in his sheep
if you think it's on fire it's better to flee than get burnt
i meant  a hitch in his speech
It smells a bit like burning rubber, kind of sweeter. I'll have to check if he's sleeping as he goes out a lot at night for his sex addiction. I smelled it a few times today and it's pissing me off. Thanks
Avatar n tn
i would get the hell out anf ind another room mate..crack,meth,addcited to porn..he is an accident waiting to happen...and guess who is gonna get mopped up in the middle...the are other room mates out there

Brian
This guy is an accident waiting to happen but I won't leave. I hate to say it but he will self destruct soon . The owner is a very clean cut guy and a paramedic who lives there. He is very nice but now He knows this guy is smoking something strange that isn't pot and will see what he does.
Avatar n tn
everyone has their way of dealing with things..i hope when he does self destruct you do not get hit by the shrapnel....good luck with your situation.

Brian
The smell of crack is a faint burnt smell.the bigger quantity used the more of a smell left behind.check for things like the sound of a lighter being lit alot. Lil shards or pieces of a brillo pad on the floor or in the room.burns on the thumb and pointing finger.smoke clouds.crack or meth would cause lack of sleep and isolation.if he is using again he isn't a bad person.he has a disease of addiction that is fatal and uncurable.it is treatable.people don't stop using just cuz someone wants them to.addicts have to reach a sufficient amount of pain in order to find help and do summin different.hope this helped