They got him.
Themall security phoned me a few minutes ago. to say they got the guy that was trying to con people at the mall. The police were called and all they could do was warn him not to go near the mall again. No doubt he will just move to another mall and continue his tear jering stories there. According to security, the police said that as long as the money is given to him willingly they have no case. Moral, I guess," Don't believe everything you hear and always look for a joker in the woodpile."
Isnt it bad that people like this can get off with conning innocent people? And left to do so again.
Thanks for update.
Unfortunately,there are many who thrive on the gullibility of others. The way the world is today and the countless stories that the medias relate in regards to the suffering of others, there is a tendency now to believe almost any sob story. It is on this basis that the con man makes a living.  Whenever we turn on the TV, log in to the computer,  open a newspaper or listen to the radio we are so regaled with stories about the plight of people all around the world that we become vulnerable to stories by scam and con artists. I hav received Emails from different parts of the world telling me that I have won a lottery, am a heir apparent, the person needs a sponsor to get his money out of the country, etc.etc.etc. I have calculated that is all these stories were true and there were many of them, I would be worth just short  of a billion dollars, possibly more. Not bad for a guy who is driving an eight year old car.