Veterans Day!!
Well, I couldnt let this Holiday go bye without posting something. We (the USA) are currently trying to wind down several wars. And from these Wars we have a lot of Veterans returning from overseas. My initial thoughts go something like this - "Well, at least it isnt like Vietnam days" - But then I remember that we have lost more Troops stateside from suicide than we even lost to the enemy in this conflict. The jobless rate for Veterans is double that of the general population. And PTSD is making its vicious presence felt daily. Of course the various plagues of divorce, depression, and substance abuse are still alive and well. Returning Troops face many challenges.

The Troops have always born the burden of the various conflicts that have produced them. So please remember that this Holiday is the time to let them know that you at least appreciated some of what they have gone through - even if you didnt understand it all. Take the time to salute our flag over the Holiday. Say the Pledge of Allegiance when you are at a ballgame. And take a minute to thank the various Veterans from all of the services when you encounter them. More sacrifices have been made than most civilians will ever know.
Since it isnt appropriate to salute you or others i will simply say Thank you for your sacrifices to make my life better~
Thanks to all the veterans who have sacrificed so much for our freedom. I know there are some veterans who frequent this site and just wanted to say a special thanks to you all!
God Bless all of our veterans they are all hero's. We shouldn't wait to thank them on one day a year we should thank them everyday for putting their lives on the line for all of us HOORAH.