Addiction: Social Community
What is the difference in an Opioid, vs. Opiate???

This community is where you can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for substance abuse and addiction, please visit our Substance Abuse Addiction Community.

Just curious?  A friend of mine told me she's on fentanyl patches.  We got into a slight conversation, becuz I told her I was detoxing off percocets.(proudly I might add), she said it was an opioid.  So my question is, does opioids do the same thing as far as our receptors, and endorphins in our brains from percocets.  With the patch she said she has never felt the things I described to her.  I was just curious, does fentanyl patches work the same way as percocets?  And what is the difference btw. a opioid, vs. opiate?  The more knowledgable to all these drugs the better huh.
Fentanyl is a stonger form of an opioid. Opiate and opioid mean the same thing: Opiate is an adjective while opioid is a noun. Percocet is an opioid as is fentanyl. They are synthetic which means they are man made and not derived from a plant.

Good job on getting off the Percocet!