Addiction: Social Community
Who collects and what do you collect???

This community is where you can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for substance abuse and addiction, please visit our Substance Abuse Addiction Community.

Who collects and what do you collect???

Me, I am a  mid century modern antique collector. Just love all the stuff form the 60's and 70' But it has to be the high end stuff. eames, Danish modern.
The bug bit me hard and I liked it!!!

Terry
Will you come and collect my wife she1960 modle got some milage on her tho!!!
Your a mess lol. OMG you make me laugh!!!

Luv Ya !!!
I am telling on you....shame, shame....
I used to collect waterballs (snowglobes). I have about 50 of them down in my mother's basement awaiting the day when my husband will finally buy me a curio cabinet that my 5 year old cannot break into.

These days, I collect Duran Duran memorbilia. Concert programmes, tshirts, purses, glasses, pillowcases, and of course alot of vinyl records.

If you wanna know why, check out their photos. THUD!!!
YES! I can see why. Ahhhh the good old days. Hungery like the wolf!

I love snow globes too!!!

Terry
EVERYTHING.......... I am a pack-rat !
I'll send a picture of my garage, family room, bedroom closet, truck, 90% of which has to be tossed out.  

I do collect "Flying" Magazines..been subscribing for over 30 years..no, i'm not a pilot, I just love flying and reading about it.  Grateful Dead bootleg CDs and tapes..have hundreds and hundreds of those..I have a nice weed (lawn weeds) collection on my front and back lawn

Jim
I seem to collect cats. Why, I don't know, beyond three they serve absolutely no purpose other than to clutter up the room. :->

Actually, I collect sheet music at the moment. Which isn't exactly a hobby, but it's taking up quite a bit of space.
we've managed to collect 8 cats, though over the last couple years they appear to gradually disappearing...we have 5 now.  That's all.

Jim
I also seem to collect cats (real ones) - LOL!!!  

Seriously, I collect snowbabies!  I just love those cute little angelic faces.
Oh, I also collect snowglobes and anything with a snowman!  
You want snow globes..........I got snow globes.  They are all Hallmark collectibles that I am just throwing way..........have to be out of this house in three weeks and still I feel I am getting nowhere..........I am at the point that I am just throwing everything away.  I feel bad.  Perfectly good expensive things, but i can't take the stress anymore.  I have beanie babies coming out of my rear end........ugh

nauty...........
Oh Nauty................I'm doing the same thing.  There's no room at the compound for my stuff.  I'm the last to move in and closets are full. This really stinks. Hang in there girl !
We're up to eight cats here with this bloody kitten (I'll post a pix of the 3 week old little trundle buss as soon as I find the cable to the computer).

Right now I'm dealing with "cat wants in...cat wants out" every five minutes in triplicate. Which means I just may skip my lunch plans for PB&J and go for some good ol' fashioned "Cat Stew".

Naughtyone, there's an old saying.

The easiest way to deal with moving is to throw everything out. It cuts down on truck expenses and back strain.
You guys are all really funny...  GL Nauty - moving is a beyotch.

Gemstones, quotes and teddy bears. I've had to slow down on the collectible bears cuz I have so many and they take up so much space. Plus they're essentially useless. At least with the quotes I always have something to say and gemstones are worth money...

:)
Ok you can add cats (real ones) for me too I have 4 did have 5 until last week :(
I spend have my life cleaning up puke, and cat boxes.

Terry
sounds like us...the other have I spend hearing my wife "these @#$#$^#$" cats and "how am I gonna clean this @#$#$@ furniture?"

Oh, and we do the "I want in, I want out" thing...3 years ago we replaced our deck with a sun room...there was a door out to the deck which the cats used..the door is still there but we'd have to walk through the sunroom to let them out"  so we have to remind the stupid things that we haven't used that door for 4 years..

Then, there's one cat, my favorite (see PN) "Gizmo" who thinks she's a dog...follows me all over the house with Bear (the dog), greets me when I come home, and sleeps with me every night.  Loves potato chips...goes nuts when I'm eating them..and then there's chloe the 8 year old Maine Coon cat who will not eat out of a food bowl that is only half full...she'll scream at you until you fill it up...and stand on the edge of the bathtub while we take a shower..  My next favorite was "Cody" who disappeared several months ago...I have picks of her cuddling with the dog.

Jim
Jim, that reminds me of a Heinlein story called "The Door into Summer."

The hero of the book travels about with a cat as his sometime companion.  the cat (during winter) demands that all the doors in the house be opened regularly so he can check if summer is on the other side yet. The main character assumes he's looking for "the door into summer". :-)
One of my cats (Esther) was the best watch dog. If someone knocked on the door or rang the bell she growl. She hated everybody except me. She hit everybody but to me she was purrfect! Slept in arms everynight, met me at the door got really angry when I would bring out a suitcase for traveling. I had her for 19 years. Would take her nail and band on the food bowl for food or water. She like her wather warm HA!

Miss her,

Terry
Ohh forgot to tell you I have added some pictures of my babies!!

Terry
I have a lot of everything. Its hard to throw things away. Then if I do, my wife wanted to keep it? Go figure.

Nauty, I sent you an email. I haven't heard from you in a while!
beating this wrote: " One of my cats (Esther) was the best watch dog. If someone knocked on the door or rang the bell she growl. She hated everybody except me. She hit everybody but to me she was purrfect! "

your cat HIT people??? lmao

as for me.....i collect books. I have sooo many books. most of them are back at the ex's house though if he hasnt burned them yet.  I also collect windchimes, candles, ceramic animals, knick knacks,  and Hotwheels cars for my boys..
I collect weapons ..... mostly firearms, but also some edged weapons. Some of the firarms go back to cap and ball. matchlock, and an even larger collection of unique ammunition for weapons..... some plain rare ... like armor piercing incendiary trace for 7.62 Com Bloc ammo...........and just a few grenades.   I also collect Boy Scout Patches!
From guns to boy scout patches...interesting!
There are a lot of military collectors. Nice. Do you display them?

Terry
I collect angels. If it has wings I will buy them. I usually search thrift stores yard sales and flea markets. I have 2 curio cabinets packed. They keep them dust free. I also have a Tall shelf (5 shelves) it doesn't have a single spot left on it. I now stack on each other. I too am a pack rat. Even my kids tell me that. I love looking at my collection. Many of them have stories behind them along with special memories. I shall never part with them as long as I am in my right mind.
Fishing gear and anything that has to do with the ocean or fishing and polished mineral.
I have some interesting artifacts from my grandpa who was in WW1.....
I have about 80 or More ! Beanie Babies......Was going to throw them all away, but I probably should donate them......any ideas?.......most are in very clean and perfect condition.  I can't believe I fell into that one.........Never fell into the Cabbage Patch doll thing......thank God....those things creeped me out !  eww

Nauty.............
Nauty.......You could try local shelters, hospitals, even the police dept.   The Sheriff's dept. here used to take up teddy bear collections every year. They actually gave them to children that were taken into custody because their mother or father, or both were arrested.  It gave the kids something to hug. I can only imagine how traumatic that would be for a kid.
I'd love to see pix of the old matchlock rifle. Those were some beautifully made weapons. Loading and firing one of those things in battle was an art form. Talk about having to do a series of complex tasks while the enemy is charging down on you... all to take one shot!

I used to have a collection of japanese weaponry, as well as "artifacts" that were part of the japanese mythology and and spiritual culture.

I also had a collection of TSR's 1st edition D&D books from my geek days that would start a riot at a gaming convention today if I still had it.
You have Johnny too!

T.
Coke and Pepsi bottles from all over the world.  One bottle to taste and one to "display"
= )

OK i donated my wife no one has pm me for the last time she is a 1960 mod lots of mileage but makes great buttermilk biscits, I'll let her go real cheap who will take $10 to come and get her? I do have a good collection of arrow heads and 1 tomahwk head that my dad found aroun 1920 or so prefect condition>
Ok Aaron....SOLD!

Pack her up. I will be there soon to get her. lol!

You would be a lost puppy without her :)

xxxooo
T.
You will have a wonderful collection of fasinating teeth after wensday make sure you post a pic and smile great big OK
OK you got her but let me see if she will let me have $10 frist
Nauty do not throw away your beanie babies, maybe donate them to a children's hospital or home in your area. I collect beanie babies, paperweights, fenton glass. I have chickens and roosters all over my kitchen...oh I guess I collect my husband too. lol
Fishing gear,and anything i can find on our demos and remodels and clean ups or that people give away thats worth money to sale...
Nauty:
You could probably donate snowglobes to a local nursing home or something like that.  Snowglobes are so beautiful and make people happy.  Just a thought!  I'd say send them to me - but I have no room!  LOL!!!
Hugs,
Janet
Scars, Guns, Old Radios and Belly Button Lint.
.... Ohh Yeah, and lately Kittens !! Anyone want a Kitty, Kitty, Kitty ?
~ Burr
As I have said, I collect angels but also anything else nobody wants. My name is Jimmy, I'; takw what you gimme.