Addiction: Social Community
Withdrawal Ease.

This community is where you can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for substance abuse and addiction, please visit our Substance Abuse Addiction Community.

Withdrawal Ease.

Another panacea. There have been more cure alls passed around as the ultimate cure all then can be counted. All are based on one main ingredient and that ingredient is you. At the beginning it seems like,"Oh boy, this thing works." Do you know why? It is becase you want to believe in it so badly that you accept as your ticket to freedom. Unfortunately the dream comes to a sudden end and you find yourself no better then when you began. I think if you asked the many here and the many that have passed through here they would tell you that a large number of them had put their faith in the ,"New cure," and found they were being scammed. You want to know what the real cure all is,? It is YOU!. Once YOU build up the desire to escape from addiction prison and add perseverance, willpower and the strength to carry it through then YOU will see that it was within you all the time and YOU just had to dig down deep within yourself and bring it to the surface. Nothing that man can manufacture can work without YOU. Here there are stories of this panacea and that panacea that suddenly stopped working. Medicine after medicine is fed to you by clinics, doctors, nurses, medicine men or whomever but without your participation they will not work. Only YOU can make it work, so quit looking for the ultimate cure that only exists in your willingness to withdraw and use what you have inside YOU waiting to get out.
Great post! Thanx a lot!
Mangee - - -     Amen!!   Thanks..........
great post :)
I totally disagree. Look at every statistic from life expectancy, fetal birth weight, heart disease prevention and treatment etc. etc., medicine, new technologies and healthcare innovation have helped us (humans) live longer and healthier lives.

Of course pharmaceuticals are way over-prescribed especially in the US but there's no one here that can tell me that we are not better off medically/health-wise than we were 100 years ago.

And frankly, I'm so sick of this "Only YOU" can make this work or get off drugs etc. etc. If there are things out there that help with the symptoms of withdrawal then why not take them? Whether it be Clonidine, Loperamide, Withdrawal-Ease or whatever; if it helps then it's worth it. Most people who are physically dependent on opiates either from trauma or some sort of procedure are simply afraid of the withdrawals. Then they keep taking opiates to stave off the sickness and eventually full-blown addiction presents itself.

So, NO, it not just up to YOU. There are things out there that allow people to make it through the acute phase of withdrawal thereby allowing them to feel how much better it is to be off of those things. The things that I mentioned that help the symptoms all have ingredients that are proven to relieve the common symptoms of opiate withdrawal. I've read the literature and if you look at the ingredients of Withdrawl (withdrawal)-Ease, there are several things in there that have be proven to relieve the symptoms. L-Tyrosine, Valerian, Passion Flower etc. etc. Before bashing the product, why not take a look at the ingredients (http://www.withdrawal-ease.com/product/specific-product-ingredients/) as I have and then take a look at the literature. Loperamide is a distant cousin of opioids and will also provide a true measure of relief. Clonodine will help with anxiety. All proven.

So I for one applaud people who take an active role in reducing the impact of their detox and conversely really get annoyed when someone says something ignorant like "It all up to YOU"..that's just incorrect. People...if it helps, take it. Whatever helps you get off of opiates is worth it. Suboxone....ehhh that's just substituting one drug for another so I'm not keen on that stuff.
YOU is the ingredient that sets you on the path to freedom from addiction and keeps you from falling back when the urge comes again and again and again. How you go about it is up to you. I said that nothing that man can manufacture cannot work without you. It is easy to sit back and say that's a load of crap but think of who has to go through all this and who has to decide what could be best for you. You choose the doctors, you choose whether to use the medication, You are the one who has to bear the success or failure of the withdrawal process. I agree there are all kinds of medecines that could help but at the same time there are a large number of phony medications that only serve to cause breakdowns in the fight to withdraw. You  overlooked what I said about medicine after medicine being fed to you by the medical community and the fact that they cannot work without your participation. At no time did I say not to use any medication. I was saying that I am against these pills that are of no use to anybody but are advertised as a panacea. I agree with you in part but as I said , "The big hitter in becoming free of addiction is YOU!  "Tell me I'm wrong when I say that some, not all, but some take the prescriptions that are given and put them on a shelf or in a drawer and tell themselve," I'll start tomorrow." and tomorrow follows another tomorrow and another. So it comes down to the YOU. If YOU do not participate and get yourself moving you will stay in the yesterday and there will never be a tomorrow.
YOU are absolutely correct!!  Hope all is well in your world~~~~sara
There are remedies that can help, but withdrawalease is a rip off!!!  I tried it, it did nothing!!!