Addiction: Social Community
You know you gotta quit when...

This community is where you can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for substance abuse and addiction, please visit our Substance Abuse Addiction Community.

You know you gotta quit when...

I thought it would be good to reflect on our old ways as a means of appreciating why we're here. So let's share a piece of ourselves in hopes to continue motivating ourselves and others ;o)
The repo man is pulling away with your cars, your house gets foreclosed on, you are skin and bones and half dead.....  That and a lot more unfortunately!
...even using dreams have a bad ending.
Never really thought about the dreams like that but you are exactly right!
.....when you don't know if you will wake up in the morning.
When you take vics disssolve em in a shot glass with arm water and do a shot for quicker effect.

You lay out meds on calendar acting like you will actually stay in budget till next refill.  (yeah right)

You take a vic jsut to mow the lawn.

You cut a pill in 4ths to make it last...(sad)

You get halfway to work and turn around because u forgot to do some ..now you're late but who cares im high.....

Yoy dont even listen to the doctor when he speaks you jsut say in your head" give me my sh_T so i can go"

those are mine...hope some got a chuckle
you know the minute you get the script...you will be out in 3 weeks and that last week is gonna be h e l l and you take them all anyway!
good comment little...i think thats how OD happens...trying to ge to that place where it was fun and euphoric
........I realize that in order to find what I am truly looking for means I have to be sober.

You have to take a pill to breathe.  (but not anymore - whew)
after decades of active addictions it was not fun nor euphoric it was a boring,depressing and listless place and one the spirit self fades. only thinking of one thing of thinking you are involved but you are not only with yourself.. counting watching the clock od is what it took for me to think about stopping loosing my memories and ability to write and read was what convinced me I was going to die, I have liver disease kidney disease and hep C this did not stop me it took loosing my very self.. I do not miss the person I use to be and I do not miss the rituals.. lesa
Sick and Tired of Being Sick and Tired.
I suddenly realized that I was going through w/d a good portion of every day...for a long time. I just thought I was sick from 'another' illness. The only good thing (if there is such a thing) is that I kept to the prescribed dose...
I hated having brain stutters..and fog...I also thought that that was due to my other disease..now I am finding some clarity and able to follow a linear train of thought..pretty cool.
I knew I needed to quit drinking when I realized I didn't enjoy any of the things I used to love doing.  Activited started dwindling away and only drinking was left.
I knew it was time when I watched my mom who was also addicted get admitted to the hospital, smuggling in  her own meds  and take their dose and hers. She actually brought an alarm clock into the hospital to wake her when her dose was due! I started to see a similar behavior in myself and said.....yup, here's your sign! These cycles seem to repeat themselves through generations. Wanna do my part to stop it in my circle of life.
When you can no longer convince yourself that your wife and kids are more important than the pills.

When you realize the meal you just ate totally ruined the effects of the pills you took just 20 minutes earlier.

When you get around to clearing out all of the empty pill bottles from your secret stash spots and see that you've filled a large trash bag.

When you start keeping pills under the matress on your side of the bed just to make sure you can get to them quickly and quietly.

When you go ahead and take the handfull of pills you just puked up from gagging on the quantity. ( Sad, I have actually done that. Threw them into a small glass of water to rinse them a little and then drank them down.)
That was deep dude. I relate to the meal thing.
I don't kno wat to do, I've just started a new job after a year without one and here I am addicted to lenadol 8 tablets a day that I've been taking in the last 6 months