Addiction: Social Community
can you taper fast ? or should it be slow?

This community is where you can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for substance abuse and addiction, please visit our Substance Abuse Addiction Community.

Here's the deal to those of you wondering if i am serious about quiting YES i am what i am asking is on thursday i will get my script for 30 vicoprfen 7.5/500 can i taper on just that one refill or is that too fast? If so how many do i take and how often ? I am just confused on how many hours i wait until my next dose and how many i take per dose if anyone has any advice let me know~My biggest question is can i taper off this last RX and be done with this whole thing is it possible to taper this fast ? Luv to alL~Chros
chros, is it a refill  or are you buying them off the street ?. You got twenty yesterday how many have you taken yesterday and today ?
Avis
No it is a refill on MY script for my migraines. The twenty yesterday well i have one left i hate admitting that i really do but i am not going to lie to you guys but no tomorrow is my script not from the street .
hey that is what it is about telling the truth....my opinion is since you took such a high does yesterday, you will be doing a big jump anyway right???  you will only have 30 to taper???

I always say a slow taper, and fladdict can help you with that, but i am sure she is at work,,
i did a fast taper , and my body could not handle it...SO i took a few steps back, got another refill and listen to step, then when i got to 5 went c/t...i wish i would of wrote it all down...
you will get somemore help soon..
Chrostie you can do this, we are here for you...
R2R
Do you have clonodine?
I do have a script for clonodine but i only filled it once and i was taking high high doses of hydro with it so it just made me sick i can refill it again thurs (only cuz i wont have any money till then) so should i start taking them again will it help ya think let me know?
It did help me, i would refill it just to have it in case...maybe don't take it 3 times a day, try twice..i know it has made some sick but they were taking to much ...The first time i tried c/t i failed at 3 days, i didn't have clonodine, also i don't think my mind was set u know?? so this time it did help me, but i was coming off of 5 10 mg ....
so proud of you for coming back to us and wanting this behind you...
One more thing, i know it is tough, but i am so glad i am clean, not counting pills, snapping at my kids...not foggy headed.
stay with us chros
R2R