Addiction: Social Community
help would be appreciated

This community is where you can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for substance abuse and addiction, please visit our Substance Abuse Addiction Community.

help would be appreciated

Well I'll try to make a long story as short as possible. I've been on this forum for  while just reading everything seems very helpful. I'm 21 years old I can honestly 100% say I never touched a drug until the end of 2009 after a nearly fatal motorcycle accident. Never even smoked weed before. They had to put me on these crazy narcotics for pain for about 9 months while I was recovering and learning how to walk and be Normal again. I had no idea but over time I guess I because dependent on these pills, shots, patches ect. They randomly just cut me off at the end of 2011 and wow I didn't know what I was feeling at first then found out it was withdrawal. Must sau the worst thing I had gone through even after the wreck. So I started getting them through a friend for a very long time went from normal hydrocodone and stuff then to I think oxycontin it says OP then 80 on the other side. So I've almost made it 48 hours without anything and I kind of feel like I'm dying. Please any support or suggestions?
Hey If you post this in the addiction substance abuse forum it will get noticed and you will get alot of help and info.This is the addiction social forum where noone hardly ever visits.   You are doing well so far.Remember to stay hydrated and look up the thomas recipe.It will help hang in there
Congratulations on 48 hours clean. Keep up the good work. Eat and drink lots of fluids and rest. Also stay away from any stressful situations, also get to some support groups like N/A or A/A meetings. They are very helpful and you will meet other people who will understand you. You could go to the docs and tell him the truth and he can help you also. My doc understood and was supportive of my addiction. Now over 18 mths clean and sober. Keep positive!!
I agree with ricart...I moved mine and I am receiving so much support...I understand my dependence started with an athletic injury...you have already accomplished 48 hours. So much to be proud of! Move your post and be ready for wonderful support....:)
Are You still out there..Like ricart said post in the Substance Abuse Area..Before it is to late....Hellooooo...Come Back....
The most likely explanation for the OP was that it was most likely OPANA - a morphine related pain substance. The morphines are a fierce withdrawal - but short lived. Look up the Thomas Recipe on medhelps search engine and also the Amino Acid Protocol.  Warm baths, exercise - even short walks - help greatly. Many say that epsom salt in bath works well. If you develop nauseau - I did - use emetrol and also immodium for the runs. Distract yourself with a good book or a comedy (or whatever you like) movie. Dont dwell on a few days. You can make it 30 minutes I am sure. And days are merely collections of 30 minute efforts.  Best of luck.