Addiction: Social Community
holy hotflash batman

This community is where you can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for substance abuse and addiction, please visit our Substance Abuse Addiction Community.

holy hotflash batman

I think I had my first full on hot flash .My heart was beating  so hard then I felt like my head and my neck were on fire and it went downwards it scared the heck out of me. I had noooo idea what was going on. I was telling my MOM she was like that sounds like a hot flash .ohhhhh great wont these be fun . Any good tricks or tips I should know to get rid of them or lessen them PLZ share ....
-2 Comments Post a Comment
Ohhhhhh.......Welcome to the DaRkSiDe  of being a woman.  I think I have had them...not too often.......I get terrible night sweats about 3-4 days before Aunt Flo comes to town......its horrible......told my doctor and she gave me  clonidine.....eww tht stuff is nasty and I couldn't take it.  Not a whole lot they can do unless they get real bad, you can use OTC estroven, but, I wouldn't worry.....Mr. Doctor was a total witch.......she looked at me and said ....Well, if you didnt smoke we could put you on low dose birth control, so ha ha.....we shall punish you cause you smoke.......sent me home with a pamphlet to smokers hotline and clonidine.......also, told me they can't test your hormone levels.......wtf???.....dang HMO's.......

Nauty
LOL they cant test your hormones  why is there test broken cuz I have had mine tested twice since my hysterectomy .The last time was a year and a half a go sooooo its time to have them checked again... my mom told me to eat soy so I will give that a try.
If that was your first, well, I hate to tell you this....they get worse.
Avoid caffeine, chocolate, sugar and alcohol. Get a remote controlled fan to put near your bed.  Yes, try the soy, it may make a slight difference. Keep ice packs in freezer that you can slap on your neck when they happen, and carry one in the car, along with paper towels (tissues aren't enough).
Good luck and hang in there, This to shall pass..........in a few years.
Make sure you wear button up clothes(the snap kind) so when they happen you can instantly strip!!!  You will still be hot but you cool off much quicker when you are standing on your back steps in the dead of winter..........NAKED!!!!
OMG.........I have had one here and there, but Dang IT......now you guys got me really scared.  I am still brewing on the "We can't test your homone levels"  I told her I believe I have PMDD, I mean .....I answered 28 out of 30 questions???  seems doctors don't like you to read and diagnose yourself on the internet, and she just dismissed it.......My real doctor gave me Ativan which I do take for Aunt Flo, ...it does help some, but ...eh.  Ativan also wires me up too much........go figgure.  I have seen my Primary cause they usually send me to the Nurse Prac........they are the biggest bittches on the face of the earth.......they hate me.....I don't know what it is.....I dont' even have to open my mouth and they immediately hate me???.......lol.  I would like say that its them, but my mom made a point that they all can't hate you? maybe its you?........somtimes i hate moms...:-))))
For anyone that is pre-menopausal, you may experiance mild hot flashes, the kind that you're not quite sure if it was one, something you ate or it's just warm.  When you experiance a full fledged hot flash, you will have no doubt. The fire comes from within and you'll feel a desperate need to submerge yourself in a tub of ice. Everyone around you will be cool, calm and collected and you'll look and feel like your in the fire pits of hell.  Enjoy menopause everyone!!  WA HAHAAHAAAA( Evil fire laugh)
LOL that is so true because I had thought I had  hot flashes before this but they were nothing like this .It really did scare me I had never experienced anything like that .
Oh man those hot flashes start in the core of your body and it just goes thru you and it is just boiling all the way thru.  People look at you like you are possessed!!!!!   I can fog up a window in the car!!!!  Welcome to menopause he!!.
Avis, do something about it now before it takes over your life....and it can!

Find the right hormone now, because it really does get worse.  It took me 18 months to find the right one for me.  

I don't like taking what I am taking, but life is sooooooo much better on them than not.  I tried 6 months w/nothing except for diet and "natural ****".  That truly was the worst 6 months of my life.

Best Wishes.
enemy when I first had my hyster they put me on something for the first 6 weeks i had one ovary removed and one was left it took a while for the one to produce enough hormone for me .What they put me on worked very well I will have to ask the doctors what its was that was almost four years ago I will go see the doctor
Do you smoke Avis?  If you do, they won't put you on hormones...at least a good doctor won't.
nope I quit 2 years ago wooo hooooo