how do we help?
There was a post I believe it was yesterday about a woman wanting to commit suicide.  She has not posted recently so I am super worried. Is there and thing we can do ..this is really bothering me as well as a lot of others im sure...I have never felt so helpless.suicide is never the answer it fixes nothing.I am consumed by this post.has anyony privately messaged her is she ok now? Remember  you are never aone .NEVER! !!!!!!
This happens more often than you think or see. It is very sad and very disturbing. thankfully, members often are crying out for help and I don't ever remember anyone actually going through with it. Try and message her if that makes you feel better. I am sure she is fine and will probably be back. I'll say a prayer for her.
I will say a prayer also.I did inbox her and no reply.I hope you are correct and this is just a cry for help and not the alternative.  Prayers are with you 15mg...
Interesting to find this subject so quick here. Ten minutes ago I was researching Helium Suiside and "Final Exit". Ima big chicken and reading about the pain and things other people have endured put things in perspective. Cronic depression and pain are exausting to deal with every day. I am a believer that we shouldn't sit in judgment of such a decision. I would like to think though, if they came here....they are still having HOPE.
I pray for them too. God bless you for caring. BLESS THIS WHOLE COMMUNITY for being here!!!!
I hope she is ok I will pray also. It's always scary when someone says that. It's sad that she has hit rock bottom I hope she has some support to keep her from doing it. I always take it very seriously when someone says that. Unfortunately I learned that sometimes people are serious and do it. Every person is different. Especially with dealing with people detoxing that is hard enough and frustrating. Has anyone heard from her recently? :( I really hope she is ok.
Are you all talking about the woman that said she had a shotgun? I've written her a personal message and replied to her post a couple times I think. I'm upset/scared that someone would say such things in such details, then disappear. My intuition tells me she started using high doses of opiates again and doesn't want to face us... I hope that's the case over what else could have happened. Really, if someone is claiming they are going to kill themselves on a MedHelp site, where people are OBVIOUSLY very depressed... maybe the company should be able to alert authorities in the area based on the user's IP address or something. I mean, that would have to be in the small print of the agreement when you sign up. I don't know! It's just crazy! I pray she's OK.
I too have been thinking/ worried about 15 mg. Every day actually.   I hope she is ok,,
15mg is a male for one. Secondly, I am certain that MH would step in, and probably does step in, in a situation such as this.

Statistically people who talk about suicide don't actually follow through. That is good to know. As I mentioned it is a cry for help in most instances if someone is talking about it. Hopefully he got the help he needed and he may even be in a protected environment right now. We may never know.

We need to focus on our own recoveries and pray for those who haven't found their way yet.
IBK is right, in that in most cases if they "talk" about it then they dont actually want or will go through with it. Ppl have always said that but it wasnt until recently when my best friend committed suicide, did i really believe that to be the case. She didn't say one word about doing it.

Its very likely he was just reaching out for help and i will hope and pray tjat he got it and is ok. Its still very hard to see someone at that level of depression  :(
It is one of the things so many ppl don't realize, is how long and how severe the depression is. So many ppl think if you got off the pills everything is ok . It can be the lonelyist time too. Especially if you have been on pills for years and years.... Its like I didn't learn social skills like everyone else or something. Living pain free.... not dealing with emotional growth like I should have.