Addiction: Social Community
i been taking percocets and i cant sleep

This community is where you can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for substance abuse and addiction, please visit our Substance Abuse Addiction Community.

hi i have been taking percocets for a while and oxy's  mostly perks though its my 9 day but i have been taking like half a perk for my pain cause its so bad that i go days without sleeping and then evan though now i have no pain i have a hard time to sleep like last night i sleepet for 5 hrs and before that i went 3 days without sleeping its driving me crazy i dont know what els to do my doctors are saying nothing to me i had to beg them for sleeping pills and they are so strong to and i still stay upp pls can someone tell me something or give me hope i dont wanna do percocets again if i no this withdraws will stop and its like my 9th day i should get better im getting worst cause i cant function without sleep or evan see sometimes plss any one with info its be nice      
Yes insomnia is a major part of withdrawal along with RLS so bad it drove me crazy for what seemed like forever but actually last about two weeks and then they start to ease off and sleep does come so hang in there sweetie. It does get better.
I don't know what they gave you for sleep...Ambien?  I find that if I take one and go STRAIGHT to bed and try to relax, I'm out before I know it.  Lunesta is the same way.  Just be careful...put your car keys somewhere you can't get them, lock your doors and try not to carry on convesations with people because they both have amnesia type properties and people, me included, have been known to have conversations I have no memory of.  I don't think I've driven anywhere but there are many who have who have no memory whatsoever of it.

good luck with your recovery

Jim
Sleep will come. Your body will naturally sleep when the time comes. Honestly, it takes up to 30 days before sleep become normal. Constantly starting over each day by taking even a half a pill only feeds your disease. Addiction is like a little man inside of you. You've told him you don't want to feed him anymore. So, he says..I'll show you..I'll keep you up all night. So, you feed him half a pill. The addiction then try harder, trying to get the whole bottle. You'll never get to recovery by slipping a half pill every night. Also, sleeping pills will only make things worse in the long run. Get some aftercare and get into recovery. In the end, it's all worth it.