Addiction: Social Community
making homemade salsa/ do you garden?

This community is where you can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for substance abuse and addiction, please visit our Substance Abuse Addiction Community.

making homemade salsa/ do you garden?

its day 11 and Im feeling a lil better overall (except the stupid back still) but wow Im getting my famous huge appetite back . It didnt leave much anyways, im always hungry even in WD, lol.  but anyhow, Im  finally getting some super ripe delicious tomatoes out of the garden and Ive been making homemade salsa with it along with garden fresh green peppers, ONIONS, cilantro and hot peppers! oh man i swear to god i could LIVE OFF just salsa and chips sometimes LOL I put tons of black pepper in it too and extra cilantro MMMMMMM
does anyone else garden, and if so what do you make with your harvests?
I've got fresh tomatoes coming out of the garden as well. I make tons of fresh marinara sauce (just olive oil, garlic, onions, tomatoes and fresh basil). But, my favorite way of eating tomatoes is just ice cold with plenty of kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper :)
I keep a bowl of cut up tomatoes soaking in Italian dressing in the fridge and snack on those......  Also love the salsa myself....... and anything Italian and pasta' -------  And fresh sweet corn!
yummy, that sounds good too, you guys! I just got done making "3" bean salad too. I put extra stuff in it besides the kidney beans, green beans and yellow wax beans (which came outta the garden too, omg they are sooo much better than canned beans lol). I also put in green bell pepper, fresh broccolli, sweet red onion and cucumbers with the vinegar/olive oil/sugar/salt/pepper dressing and boil it 5 mins so the sugar emulsifies. Its sooo good that way!    I also make a creamy dill cucumber salad with frsh garlic cloves minced up tiny.   Im still trying to find a 100th different thing to do with all the squash here! Ive got squash coming out of my ears here lol.  I usually fry it and put seasoned bread crumbs on it, or stuff it the same way you stuff bell peppers with meat, rice and tomato sauce.    I have no corn harvested yet, its not quite ready to pick.  Theres also the following in the garden this year: tomatoes, cukes, broccolli, potatoes, onions, pea pods, beets (nowhere near ready to pick yet), radishes, turnips, spinach, brussel sprouts, gourmet lettuces, okra (first year growing it, no idea what im gonna do with it!), green & wax beans, yellow squash, zuchini squash, acorn squash, spaghetti squash, a few other variants i cant remember of squash, lemon cukes, watermelon, canatloupe, eggplant, hot peppers, bell peppers, and i cant remember what else, lol.   I love veggies! It sure is a lot of work though when you're in a drought! I have to water it constantly lately!
My favorite thing to can is tomatoes....My kids, hubby and grands love them...I make salsa(mild & hot), but mainly I just can them...one grand will just eat them out of the jar...I have them cut up soaking in italian dressing a lot of days...I have a small garden...tomatoes are the main crop...squash...onions, cucumbers, peppers...But the deer have just tore my garden (and fruit trees) up this summer...I love canning...and hope to pass it on to my niece that I am raising...