Addiction: Social Community
my update. Im a capri straw poker lady now lol

This community is where you can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for substance abuse and addiction, please visit our Substance Abuse Addiction Community.

i never got the time to post an update on things since my son started kindergarten. as you may or may not know, I was dreading it and freaking out about it and not ready to let my baby go, and he too was very apprehensive. His first day was Tuesday. Aside from a few tears he did super, teachers said he smiled all day long and was so good. Second day was good up until dismissal time. apparently my child refuses to use the toilets there and has been holding his pee allllllllll day long (8:30 til 3:30 but actually 4:10 by the time he gets home off bus!) well he didnt make it on his second day, wet his pants right at dismissal time =(   he was soooo upset and was bawling his eyes out. Then to make matters worse, on the third day he came down with a horrid cold and tonsilllitis. had to take him to Dr, and he missed school yesterday due to it.  He says he doesnt like school at all, he misses me too much and is shy around others.  Ive been going up there and having lunch with him every day (parents are welcome any day for lunch and recess - and ive gone for both each day with him). SO anyhow thats the short story of it all. I hope he starts liking it better- he doesnt have to go again til next Wed.  Ive talked to his teacher a few times already and she is glad that i am taking such an active role in this and expressing my concerns. she also thinks i would make a great Room Mom and asked me to consider signing up for this, it'd be a few hours a week, different days and hours. I alreayd am the "cafeteria mom" and help all the kiddies open their stuff at lucnh like drink bottle lids, straws in Capris and hard to open packages, etc LOL.  Then they put me through the ringer at recess one day, every kid wanted me to help them up on monkey bars and things they were too short to reach up to. So me being the person who can never say no to cute faces, helped them all on th playground. I about had to crawl back to the car with my back killing me LOL    

anyways, Im going to upload some pics of his first day of school as soon as i can. they turned out so cute!
Its a big change for everyone when the little ones goes to school .It takes time for everyone to adjust . I am glad the you are able to volunteer at his school.I hope he gets  better soon .I bet before you know it he will be loving school :)
Heh heh...oh my...well, the problems of the young are certainly monumental to the young, at least. :)

At least you're having some fun at recess, eh???