over the counter sleep aid for detox?
Does anyone know if an over the counter sleep aid work for detox from hydrocodone?  I can't get Valium.
Unisom, Melatonin, Valerian Root Liquid Extract
Sleep aid's like Tylenol PM, and the like are just tylenol plus Benadryl.  So, it may be better to just buy Benadryl and take it.  I don't know that it will help detox, but if you aren't used to taking Benadryl then it might help you fall asleep.  It doesn't effect me at all.  I've tried Melatonin and it didn't work, but who knows?  Good luck during this difficult time.  It's all worthwhile!
If you're going CT, the over the counter stuff might not help - if it does, great!  But if it doesn't, you'll have time to sleep when you're clean.
Im not clean--yet-- but i still have sleep issues and what really helps me is l-tryptophan. I take (2)500mg l-tryptophans about 45 minutes before bed with a glass of warm milk and honey and i feel my eyelids get heavy and i sleep soundly--plus its good for brain when coming off opiates. Kick starts the endorphins--- I dont know if you can take it if you are on an anti-depressant though. Youll have to read the label. I bought mine at a vitamin shop. good luck
Real tryptophan is only available by prescription in the US, it cannot be taken with anti depressants. 5HTP is the most available OTC version of tryptophan is the pre cursor to serotonin..
over rhe counter sleepaids threw me into hard withdrawal,I woold like to know what yo do about the floppy arm/leg syndrome?
L-Tryptophan is available in the US and heatlh food stores and I got mine at the Vitamin Shoppe-- they banned it years ago from a batched botch but they recently put it back on the shelves-- works great for sleeping-- with the milk of course- :). I dont know if l-tryptophan is REAL, but it works for me-
Ive never had the floppy legs, but i used to get bad cramping when detoxing in my legs- and what really helped ME settle them down was a Calcium/Magnesium/Zinc supplement. I took triple the dose before bed and it helped greatly--- this is when i was detoxing off lortabs and percocets.
If you can, get an rx for ambien. I'm on day 3 of norco withdrawal and still feel like hell but taking half and ambien in the day has helped with my body shakes and anxiety, taking a full one at night helps with the RLS and put me to sleep. Good luck, this thing is hell :(
hello i know that oh to well restless leg syndrom...its horrible my dr gave me nuerontin and havent had it ever since ...so good luck...