quitting smoking
Since cig prices have jumped out of this world...are you cutting back...quitting?

7
1. Still smoking

2
2. Cutting back

3
3. quitting
I am paying $70 a carton...I have the pills that are supposed to help me stop...but I am sooo scared to take them...been hearing BAD things about them...
I quit cold turkey back in december and have been toying back with them a little....it is outrageous and I better stop messing with them cause I don't want to go back to it....stress is starting to let them get the best of me......ugrrrr

quitting once and for all.  good luck and try the chantix...it has a 44 %  of working.  That's pretty good.  just monitor yourself.  You'll be fine....worth a try.

good luck!
nauty.......
Ging to quit. Patches. We have to my hubby and go through a carton a week!
$70.00!!!!

Terry
still smoking and still liking it!!!
I see your in Arizona.  I know they said they said they were taxing them again, but 70 buks is INSANE !!  I never paid more than 20 dollars a carton......I would smuggle them over the Mexico border.  Shhhhhhhh, and they were not the double rolled crapola one's we have in the U.S.......

I know you can probably buy them online but, I don't know how much cheaper they would be.......can i say that?.......

Again.  If you have the chantix......give it a try !!!

Good luck
nauty..........
I sooooooooooo need to quit.
I'm going back to getting them from the indian reservations.

$49.00 a carton. Beats $70.00.
Wow I'm pissed because they went up to 30 for a carton. Last month they were only 22.
Mary, where are you buying your cigarettes from?!?! Somalia??
Naughty, I am in Arkansas. Hubby has ordered twice on the net...SHHHH Paid 35 a carton plus shipping..Want to quit...so bad..Me and Hubby both smoke..May as well burn that money...LOL Guess thats what we are doing
I had cut down until my son died...and since then I'm practically chain smoking..little over a pack a day..not as much during the day..work takes it up...but after work I sit down with a cup of coffee and cigarette in the garage (we don't smoke in the house) and
wind up with 5 or 6 and during the night do the same..I'm at an angry stage which doesn't help...

Jim
Hey Jim...sorry for the loss of your son. Man, you have a good reason to smoke a pack a day. When I worked, I smoked maybe 10 a day...but now that I dont work...I smoke wwwaaayyy to much..I have severe acid reflux and smoking makes it worse...I just gotta set my mind to it...I need to quit...
when i woked in new york last year i got my at salimanca indain reservastion for $19 a carton now what i smoke is 3.75 a pack i know im cheap and need to quit. my sis was a change smoker for years and she got one of those electric cig and stop smokjng rite away and is slowing down on her fake puffer
My son said something about a electric cig the other day..wasnt paying much attention. I will ask him about it...He DOES not smoke..has been on me for yrs to quit..
Outoftown, they just changed the laws so that the Salmanaca Reservation is essentially shut down for shipping cig's. Heck, most of them are shut down for shipping any major name brand products like Phillip Morris.

Which is why I may just have to stop. The cost is becoming too prohibitive.

... unless... I rent a semi, drive down to the south, and LOAD UP!!! We could all do it. We'd be breaking down road blocks and evading the police... it could be just like that movie Convoy!!!

"This is the Rubber Duck coming at ya, we're pushin' the pedal to the metal and switchin;' it into high gear. That's a big 10-4 good buddy! Over."
I think you are a crazy as me, honestly my father in law grows tobacco im going to grow my own, not the wacky stuff it just bout grows wild here in WV #1 cash crop MAN Im sober now that ***** LOLWhen i was a teen me and my buddy stole 33 maryjane plants that were higher than our heads got over 2 lbs out of it. But my boy ios a truck driver and so is 2 nephews and my sis and brother in law we'll go down south and load em all up LOL be good OH one ore thing truck drivers donot say good buddy anymore you'll figur that out
Down South where?
YOUR HOUSE WHERE ELSE WOULD WE GO YOU GOT FOOD COOKING BE THERE IN THE MORNING
Down south the down Mexico way........for me.....you are only allowed 1 carton per. person......I of course bring much more, but not to worry because if I get caught they will either take them away or make me pay tax on them.  Depends on if customs is in a good mood or not..........

what the heck is an ELECTRIC CIGARETTE ???????  I used Nicorette inhalers many years ago, and was pretty successful at that time........only problem is it looked like a tampon in your mouth......lol.  I'm being totally serious.......that's why my ex wouldn't ue them.......lol

Nauty................
Heh heh... See? THAT'S why mary jane is illegal in the U.S. It's to protect the poor pot grower's from kids who steal poor, innocent defenseless plants from them!!! :-)

Ah well. I think instead of renting a truck I'll just work on cutting back and watch "Convoy" on netflicks again.
OK,

Getting serious about stopping. Going for next Friday. Hubby and I are going to use the patch.

Man get ready for world war 3! I try not to get moody but we both do. I am sure no matter where you are in this world you will hear me. lol! (not really) For some reason I cry lol!

Terry
I want sooo bad to quit...just cant make myself do it..this is crazy...I stopped the pills, but cant stop cigs...JUST CRAZY.
Tomorrow is our quit date YIKES!! I think I am more afraied of getting off cigg's then was pills. Going to do the patches. Pray for us!

Terry
Ditto..I am more afraid of quitting the cigs...than I was the pills...still puffing up a storm..
Just saw your post..come on over...got steaks, hamburgers ready for the grill...pool is open...come on...son is cooking...
I think if cigarrettes weren't available anymore it would be easier for all of us to quit smoking. I was in the hospital March 27th and i quit for a whole week,but just knowing i could go down to the store and buy a pack made me crave them that much more. I ended up smoking again and was back to a full pack within a week. It *****!

I quit smoking when I was 19,I had only smoked for 2 years at the time and went back to them 7 years later due to a divorce. I have now been smoking for 18 years.
Ditto..had only smoked for a couple of YOUNG yrs..got pg..quit..smoked a little here and there...after divorce..10 yrs later..picked the habit up full time..bad,,,,bad,,,,bad...