Addiction: Social Community
script fraud

This community is where you can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for substance abuse and addiction, please visit our Substance Abuse Addiction Community.

script fraud

hey, i have a question..although i shouldnt be involved in any of thiscrap, im curious to know about thats going on....A friend of mine admitted something to me...he told me that he had filled scripts in the past year and the last time he did it was 2 months ago i believe. The scripts came from another person (i dont know who) And this person told him that the doctor gives her the scripts and she fills them, now i dont know anything about that person....well my friend told me the cops called him because of what happened at a pharmacy 2 months ago. What i was told was that he tried to fill the script, and the lady came to him after writing on it and said that she wasnt going to fill it so he took it from her but it ripped when he grabbed it and he left. she had one part of it and he had the other...then he got a call from a police saying she wanted to meet with him to discuss something that happened at the pharmacy...he hasnt done it in over 2 months from what ive been told. So should he go meet the cop or run or contact a lawyer??? i havent been in trouble or known anyone so i dont know what to tell him...what are the possible outcomes???
call a lawyer. is there a warrant?

if the script was a fake, the pharmacist knew it when he came in which is why they didn't fill it. they would have then called the doctor on the script and informed them and possibly the police.

if there is a warrant out for his arrest, then he needs to get a lawyer and turn himself in. if there isn't a warrant, then i don't really know.... it's been 2 months. they'd have done something by now.
I would lawyer up......fraudulent scripts are felonies.
So he shouldn't even talk to the cop? I just dont understand why it would be 2 months later....hes going nuts cuz for once in his life he is doing good, off drugs, involved in church etc....
I find it strange that the police were able to phone him and yet did not go to his residence to apprehend him. They would be able to find out where he lives, yet they are in a wait and see mood? When it concerns drugs, which is a felony, they normally don't sit back and wait for the perp to turn his/herself in. It is possible that they are watching him to see if there is more to it. Possibly a of persons involved. It would be smart to turn himself in and if a lawyer is required they will either give him one or allow him to contact his own. This way they will know that he is not connected to anyone else and that he has been clean for X number of months.
Possibly a of persons involved, should have read, " Possibly other persons involved."
yeah, like mangee...i'm confused. why did they call and ask politely to for him to come in? if he DOES talk to them, i'd have a lawyer there even if they say he doesn't need one. simple as that. if they haven't arrested him, obviously they haven't got the evidence to do it or they would have. generally in cases like these, the police are called before the patient even knows whats going on and the cops are there to arrest them when they pick it up....UNLESS they can't verify that it's a fake. they usually have to get in contact with the doc to verify that it's a fake and if they can't, then there's not much they can do but keep the script...they wouldn't usually give it back.

weird. but yeah...a lawyer if he talks to the cops.