stolen narcs at work
My good friend from work was just suspended today on a suggestion that she may of been stealing narcs....I had an idea she might take a pill here or a pill there, but I didn't think it was a huge problem.  Does anyone know what will happen to her if they find she did indeed take some narcs from the drawer?  We work in an ***. Living in KS, and I wasn't sure of the laws. She is a good girl, has a lot going for her, but I think the addiction to Pain meds has drawn her like a moth to a flame.....any ideas on what will likely happen from here?  I know what she did is wrong, and she is willing to start going to some therapy, but doesn't want her family to know.  

Thanks so much!
It is unlikely that she was suspended on the suggestion that she may have being stealing narcs. more likely she was caught red handed. I don't think she can expect too much leniency. I'm not trying to be harsh or anything but it is going to be taken very seriously, and it should be. If she has a lot going for her then hopefully she will learn quickly and perhaps find a job that doesn't involve having access to narcotics. Taking a pill or two here and there IS serious by the way. It is theft and they are controlled substances. There isn't really anything minor about it. The best therapy may actually be for her to let her family know what her problems are. Family are the best support on earth. Hope she can move on and learn from this.

Nick.
Her family will fins out - and they may her best support available. Dont expect too much leniency - - - but many jurisdictions any more have begun to realize that rehab is better than most other choices.........pray and hope for the best......