Addiction: Social Community
the beast w/in...let's kill him....

This community is where you can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for substance abuse and addiction, please visit our Substance Abuse Addiction Community.

the beast w/in...let's kill him....

Dear Friend,
I've come to visit once again. I love to see you suffer mentally physically spiritually and socially. I want to have you restless so you can never relax. I want you jumpy and nervous and anxious. I want to make you agitated and irritable so everything and everybody makes you uncomfortable. I want you to be depressed and confused so that you can't think clearly or positively. I want to make you hate everything and everybody-especially yourself. I want you to feel guilty and remorseful for the the things you have done in the past that you'll never be able to let go. I want to make you angry and hateful toward the world for the way it is and the way you are. I want you to feel sorry for yourself and blame everything but your addiction for the way things are. I want you to be deceitful and untrustworthy, and to manipulate and con as many people as possible. I want to make you fearful and paranoid for no reason at all and I want you to wake up during all hours of the night screaming for me. You know you can't sleep without me; I'm even in your dreams.

I want to be the first thing you wake up to every morning and the last thing you touch before you black out. I would rather kill you, but I'll be happy enough if I can put you back in the hospital, another institution or jail. But you know that I'll still be waiting for you when you come out. I love to watch you slowly going insane. I love to see all the physical damage that I'm causing you. I can't help but sneer and chuckly when you shiver and shake, when you freeze and sweat at the same time, when you wake up with your sheets and blankets soaking wet.

It's amazing how much destruction I can do to your internal organs while at the same time, work on your brain, destroying it bit by bit. I deeply appreciate how much you sacrifice for me.

The countless good jobs you have sacrificed for me. All the fine friends that you deeply cared for-you gave them up for me. And what's more, for the ones you turned against yourself because of your inexcusable actions-I am more than grateful.

And especially your loved ones, your family, and the most important people in the world to you. You even threw them away for me. I cannot express in words the gratitude I have for the loyalty you have for me. You sacrificed all these beautiful things in your life just to devote yourself completely to me. But do not despair my friend, for on me you can always depend. For after you have lost all these things, you can still depend on me to take even more. You can depend on me to keep you in living hell, to keep your mind, body and soul. FOR I WILL NOT BE SATISFIED UNTIL YOU ARE DEAD, MY FRIEND.
Faithfully yours,
Your addiction and drug of choice
wow, that right there is real.. And it actually made me cry as that is really the truth..  
Ouch!! I have no words,,,that says it all right there! It was hard for me to read that as its so,,,raw. Its the reality of addiction. Plain and simple. ~Bkitty
Hi Wanna...
Wow.  Awesome break up letter.  It's done honey, it's done.  Walk away and reclaim your life.

xo
Lu
Wo'!
truth hurts.......Gnarly
Painfully true~~sara
D A M N
very powerful.  and oh so true.  
Sad but very very true
I got the same letter ten years ago. Sad to see it's still in circulation.
10 years in circulation, it's everything you can't say when your head is so full of so many thoughts coming in at one time and those are the thoughts but just cant put them in order,or figure out how to word them! its powerful true and wonder if i can copy it into my journal???? To read often......
This is amazingly real..it made me cry, it made me angry, and it made me happy, and proud I have 48 days today.
Thank you for sharing
Thank you so much wean! I really needed to read this! I'm 71 days sober today, but still having some rough thots, yet today. This puts the realization of this disease, right in front of my eyes... I'm tearing up now.... but I'm crying happily. The rawness and true hate that this letter brings ... it's surreal! I hope you don't mind, but I copied this to my journal, to read on my days of doubt. Thank you again!

- Momma
I am currently in the process of figuring out how to help a family member.  I think I will print this out and read it to her!!
This is now on my fridge x