Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
*** 5 months Clean ****

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

*** 5 months Clean ****

I don't normally post about my clean time and hate day or month counting , but my reason for posting this is because this is how long it took for me to feel any sense of normalcy.  My energy......I don't know if I will ever get that back the way I used to be, but its ok.  I am finally at the point that I do not have any cravings, more of a loathing for the stuff.  I never thought I would see it, but it's finally happening.  5 months.........thats how long it can take.  I hope this does not discourage anyone working so hard to reach their goal.  Its a cold hard fact.  I hope it goes much faster for everyone than it has for me..........

God Bless,
Nauty..................
Congrads on 5 months
first off, congrats on your 5 months..  thast awesome..
second, you are right...  it takes a long time to get somewhat back to normal..
i hit 11 weeks today, and i'm still craving this CR@P...  but whatever, so far i havent broke..
keep up the good work.. you're doing great
We took drugs for so long we really can't expect to be back to normal in just a week.For me I'm a couple weeks post subox and today is the 1st day I feel like I have gotten over the hump.Not to say that I'm problem free but I know I won't go backwards.I know it is still a long road ahead but once you've had  glimpse of what drug free feels like,hopefully we will stay strong...Way to go on 5 months!!!
Congrads on 5 months and for being so honest about the length of difficulty. It does sound daunting but I spent alot more than 5 months abusing so I knew this road to recovery would be long but so worth it!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

:-)
Good for you!! Congradulations!!
Well congratulations !!!!!  
Congrats to you on 5 months! You should be very proud of yourself! I know I am! Keep going strong and keep on being Naughty!
brian
hey congrads on the five month!! awesome to know that ya feel normal again... but then again how normal are any of us LOL.. for real, im glad your feelin good, i like the no nonsense approach ya have on the forum, and the tough love ya pass out. thas wut it takes for some like me to wake that hell up!!!  so grab a bottle of wine, b.o.b. and celebrate :)
I am gald you posted wooooohoooooooo 5 months ,Every clean day is a big day :)
Congratulations on 5 months.....you should post your big dates so we can pat you on the back, show how proud we are you did something soo hard. Also gives us weekers more hope. Great job
Congratulations on 5 months...way to go.  I'm happy to hear that you are beginning to feel better...that is awesome.  In reality, 5 months is not all that long, although it seems so...it's all relative.  If you were getting to go on a "dream trip" to Europe for 5 months...those 5 months would fly by...see?  Again, way to go and good for you!

xoxoxo
Rosie
congrats! and your right about taking awhile to get back to normal, my hubby is over a month clean, and still feels TERRIBLE! He is so frustrated he can't stand himself! He has no cravings at all for anything but to feel somewhat normal again, just a little relief and he would not be so frustrated, but nothing yet, or as of today, which is day 32!!!!!  CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 5MOS!!!
Way to go!  5 months is a long time, but you made it.

_i_i_i_i_i_
          l_______l                 Happy 5 months!
<3                                                                                                                          

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE.  YOUR THOUGHTS AND SUPPORT
                                              MEAN A LOT TO ME !!!!!!

Luv,
                                                         Nauty......

< 3
you really should post this nauty!!  every time you hit a mile stone its something to be damn proud of!!  you deserve your day as does everyone!!
i really think hearing of others success gives people hope...and it should be posted for all to see...i really think it helps...especially to someone who may be having a rough time of it, they see that it can be done!
CONGRATULATIONS!
Can't think of anything clever to add...but that I'm proud of you...I know you've waited all day for my graces on your sobriety..;) Anyhow, Congratulations. Well done, well done. I can't wait...
Newgirl
You go girl!   you never talk about your acheivemnts..and i agree with wait2long...i want to keep up with it and it is encouraging to all the new people as well...5 months is a long time girl...i think you should post at least each month...so, will see your 6 month post?

worried
or someone could keep track for her if she is reluctant to do so...?   he he he...
he he he!   naughty is a great part of the forum...we need different outlooks and perspectives on issues...and we can count on naughty for that!   lol...lol in a good way you guys....naughty, u r a hoot and you have stayed to help others when many leave when they are fulfilled or whatever...naughty has stayed and stuck it out to help others..sometimes she is a little blunt/but hey/life is blunt!  I respect her thoughts and opinions even if they are not always said with lots of sugar on top!   sugar on top is not real...
let us know when you hit 6 months girl

At first I didn't want to spout about clean time, but this is one of the harder accomplishments we have done. So it is OK to mention and be proud of clean time. Look at you, 5 months and still not totally normal. Who would have thought that these drugs can mess with us so! You have done so well to be clean for 5 months. The only ones to succeed have a total commitment like you have. Good job.
Congrats on 5 months. I really appreciate the brutal honesty that it has taken that long for you to start feeling some normalcy. I think it's important that we all are realistic about that - keeps us from getting complacent.
5 MO BE PROUD!!!!!!!!!! great accomplishment!!!