Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Mental help for wds and tapering?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Mental help for wds and tapering?

First off my apoligies for my "screw it" post and I never meant to offend anyone. I am soooo emotional that I guess I am taking everything the wrong way. Not just on here either. Any encouragement is appreciated and any help for the mental which is OBVIOUSLY my issue ATM lol. I am down to 10mg morning and night starting today. Ty all and God Bless
Hey how are yu doing this evening? Hope that your day was a little better. I know you feel like you are in a mental washing machine right now. Your moods and emotions will calm down. It just takes some time. Hang in there. ((hugs))~Bkitty
This is the time to be kind and generous to yourself while recovering.   Know that you will be up and down and that is just fine!   This too shall pass...keep telling yourself that.   :)    
Hi Surgsick ,  Yes the mental stuff is tuff . Please keep fighting and posting . it's OK , we know how hard the emotions can hit us.
Took me days just to quit crying . The emotions are your brain wanting it's drug , got used to haveing the drug do all it's work . Now it must learn to work without the drug.
Hang in there keep going , you can beat this addiction ... Ron
It's a crazy roller coaster that's for sure. I started crying every time I heard my amazing husbands voice. Keep up the good work. It will get better!
You can do it.. After 10mg or you going to5 mg? How many days are you going to be at 10mg..
Hi fiist off no reason to apologize going threw a methadone taper is ruff especially when your below 20 mg......so your at 10mg thats great now slow and steady wins the race it is possible to get off this stuff I came  off 150mg although it might not seam so wile doing it there are things you can do that will help ...there are certain vitamins you should be taking it a 3 on 1 calcium/magnesium/zinc you can pick it up cheep at walmart start off by take 4 in the morning and 4 with dinner this will cut down on the withdrawal considerably you need to take it every day for a few days then you will see the difference a good hot soak will help with the deep down body aches hang in there  other then that you just go to be ok without being ok for a wile the end is near keep posting for support..........Gnarly    
Thank you so much for the reply and its weird the mental part. Its like flashbacks kinda from trama and tradgedy's that I thought were dealt with but I guess not. Like I am having flashbacks from my babies funeral. The Murrah bonbing where three friends died...stuff like that. Weird huh?
Thanks Gnarly but no I am tapering from Hydro. then my last three days are 2mg of methadone then done. I might just go down to the 5mg hydro and say forget the methadone. Anyway the emotional is maddening for sure... then i will snap and get raging angry over things. Like things in the past that people have done to me and I would just do nothing because I am not confrontational. I appreciate all the help. Laura
Laura-  the emotional side of recovery is very difficult and we have all been through it.  It's probably more so for you because your taper was a bit too fast. There's nothing wrong with slowing it down for a while.  Just give it a week or so until the next drop down. It will give your body and brain a chance to acclimate.
Whenever I went through withdraw my mind would always take me to dark places from past events and little things would set me off.   That's normal and as time passes, that lessens.   I don't want to ge too personal, just curious if you are any type of anti depressants?   I upped mine before my last wd and it made a difference along with the vitamins and minerals.   I am really sorry too about your losses.   The pain meds numb us to our real feelings and then suddenlt they come rushing back.   That's why it is so important to have some kind of aftercare plan in place.  
Yes they increased my anti 2 months ago. Today is getting better. I havent cried in 4hrs lol :) I am getting ready for physical therapy now. I am kinda scared about it hurting. I did just have surgery and that is a fear BUT I will not go do anything crazy promise. I will for sure be on here about 330 central lol Thanks again for all the help everyone :) It really does mean allot Laura