Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
? about PM urine test after DT'ing off fent and smoking a little p...

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

? about PM urine test after DT'ing off fent and smoking a little pot (

I have been having a rough time coming off 125mcg Fent and 2 mg Klonopin, along with other meds. It has been 13 days now, but I did take a couple of hits of pot about 10 days ago in the thrawls of DT's. I really regret it, but at the time I felt I was about to lose it. All i did was take 2 hits one night, to try and sleep. I did smoke pretty regular back until the end of last year. I go to a new PM doctor in one day, and I know they will urine screen me. Should I be worried about failing? Should I just fess up on the front end? I don't want to screw this up, although I may have already.
Hi Why are they testing you??? I would just tell the truth..It is you doctor and we have to be honest.. They really respect the honesty..I tell mu DOC everything..In turn he does great things for me...You are doing great..God Bless you..That patch has to be a bi***ch to come down from..Just like the methedone..Do not stress it will all be fine...You hang tight and keep us updated..It has been slow here lately..I know when the snow melts I will be out all day...

vickie
I agree just be honest. Most likely they will not drug test you the first time always. Not until you have a contract with them I believe. So they may in future visits but I wouldn't worry about this one. Good luck let us know how it goes
are you wanting to get back on the meds with this new doctor
id say there is no way a urine screen will pick up 2 puffs 10 days ago
I am not getting back on the Fentanyl, that will not happen for a very long time(years) and only as a last resort. I do believe in PM, and feel that I do need to get back on something for my chronic pain with my feet, back and neck. I hope there will be something they may be able to do beyond injections in my back or trigger point in my feet(those really hurt more than the foot pain).
I am not sure what I should take, as I have said in other posts, I have another 30 or 40yrs here and want to enjoy and remember them. Coming off the Fent, I am amazed at how foggy my memory is of the last 6yrs.
I at one time did have an option of amputation, but my orthopedic told me in JAn. that would not eliminate my pain since it has been chronic for so long, I would just have no foot and still have phantom pain. Hopefully, medical sciance wil be able to do something in the future. Until then, I will have to manage my pain best I can, I will make sure I do my research from now on before getting dependent on something.
I will give some thought to the honesty thing with the Doc. I just don't want to give the wrong impression. Maybe they will be understanding with me coming off all the meds cold turkey.
Oh, today has been a little rough, chills, agitation, depression, ANXIETY. I have been trying not to think about my ex, but it has been very hard. I sent her pretty cold text friday night after she sent me a dear john text, then felt bad today and sent her another text, saying 2 wrongs don't make a right, if you love something set it free... Allt his crap has just hit me at the same time. I know I am getting anxious about the appt, and have to keep calming down my breathing and BP.  I will be ok, I have made it this far :)
If you were clean since the beginning of the year there is no way the two puffs will show up in a u/a. sorry about all of the pain.I hope they can help you.  best wishes for you  
Don't worry about the pot.  Just stay hydrated and you'll be fine.  I started smoking it a few days ago to help with the WDs.  It really was a lifesaver.  I wish it were legal here.  I would use it instead of narcotics.