Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
1 yr sober after 22yrs huffing to shooting stolen epinephrine and every...

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

1 yr sober after 22yrs huffing to shooting stolen epinephrine and everything in between

i am clean and sober for one year after drinking comercial chemicals all the way up to stealing cardiac patients epinephrine and mainlining it up to 7units at a time.(scarred even me) i have quit everything with out the aid of fellowships, meds, mental help and have NO urges whatsoever, not once. teeth to be pulled this week and digital reconstruction next. my question: any way i can have medical proccedures preformed w out drugs/anesthisia, are there safe meds are there any preventative messures one can implement? with all due respect to all i am very much opposed to the 12 steps and i am a lifelong athiest and i have nothing against anything one does to aid in their recovery. to each their own. have a plesant day and thanks in advance for any info or resources
You can always just double up on novacane and deal with the pain after, you sound like your tough enough to do that, or you could give meds to someone and have them give you doses?
Local anestesia & general anestesia should not effect your addictions. But no narcotics after of any kind. You should be fine. Listening to your story I'm suprised you have any vocal cords left commercial detergent is pretty harsh stuff and shooting the amount of epi I'm suprised you alive . All the power to ya.  Stick with just the anestesia's and you'll still be clean (by the grace of my God).
does the surgeon know of your past abuse?  Im sure he would have some advice on how to proceed.  I know gypsy is right about general and local.  they should not affect a thing.  I hate to think of you in pain afterwards. Do they say it will be bad on the backend?
it sure is amazing what the old body can take you sound pretty strong to go through all that hats off to you friend all the best on your new life.  welcome back to the human race.